Who Remembers Steam?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earthman

Fascinated by rolling objects!
Tempe AZ on the corner of Oak and Southern
I am proud to say i remember riding on a train pulled by one of the last steam locmotives. Yes it was the end of an era. A lot realness seemed to go out of the world when they faded away.
Anyone else remember riding a steamtrain? How about an electric streetcar on rails in the city?

1217660008evynMzn.jpg

I've ridden on a steam train......sort of. It was only a five mile trip on the steam train at Dollywood but it was still a great experience. The sounds and smells were awesome. This is the train.

I was in a shop yesterday that still builds steam engines, boilers and puts them to work. Their are steam boats, tractors and donkeys at his place.He uses a 1900's steam tractor to grade his drive way and the logging tools to pull firewood in his back yard and so on.

my old man was the cheif car mechanic for the d&sngrr (durango and silverton narrow guage rail road) for many years when i was a kid. its an all steam train running from durango colorado to silverton. i grew up around steam engines, big and small. one of his final projects, which never got completed sadly, was a 6 horsepower steam power plant he planned on mounting to the back of a large two ton truck. he had the engine and boiler and the truck, but never the money needed for the restoration. he also built a bar be que from the boiler from a donkey engine, and our old woodstove on the farm was a boiler standing in the middle of the living room that he cut a door in and would feed trees. :)

Wow, this thread is heading toward FAIL....:confused:

Rode that same train DMW. Might have to dig out the ton-o-pics I took.

Latest posts

Back