Who Says That Rat Rods Are Trailer Queens

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cking894

Here are photos from our camping trip this weekend.

3984306538_d58db1cc48.jpg

3983539347_8c46b0e513.jpg

3984452544_d9306a11c2.jpg

Keith

drive it til the wheels fall off

its great they r driving their rods,i went to a show 2 weeks ago,chopped model aaas,then u get back to the motel they r loading them on 50 thousand dollar tow rigs:confused:i guess its up to them but the journey is half the fun.at the gas station i seen a 70 year old guy and his wife in a open top roadster ringing water out of his car because of all the rain but he was laughing about how his luck has been the same for every trip:p

Thanks,

The trailers are really comfortable. Ours are five feet wide by ten feet long. There is plenty of room for tall people inside. Our buddy Kevin is 6'4" and he built his so that he has plenty of room for his height. We also have AC and heating when we are hooked to 110 electric.

Keith

Did you build the teardrop camper? Do you feel claustophobic inside of it? I been feeling like I'd want to build one. PLANS? Thanks. Perley

Hi Perley,

Yes we built our own trailers. We started with a full size template of the side of an original 1947 Modernistic trailer. The template had the axle location along with the door and cabinet size and locations. We have built seven of these trailers. Here is a link to our original build. There are several other sets with our later builds also in my photo sets. http://www.flickr.com/photos/five_wide_club/sets/72157602989700475/

Keith

Kool

Wow, Keith! If I said I was impressed, it'd be the understatement of the century! Those are serious trailers. And from the look of your shop, I'd say you ain't no amateur! Great job! Maybe I'm rethinking my thoughts of building one! :( Perley

Dude Your truck is awesome...:D

Do you build these trailers just for yourself or do you sell them? One thing I did notice those poor trailers don't have any "patina"...Whats up with that? It would fit into the same theme....per say....

Hey Guys,

We are far from being professionals. I was fortunate enough to build the frame for Norman and my trailers at my brother-in-laws shop eight years ago. He builds estate gates and wrought iron railings, ect. If you take a close look at any of our more recent pictures you can see that we are working in a Costco car tent in Norman's driveway. We have invested in a few tools that make working easier.

Now that my trailer is nine years old the aluminum looks like it could be fifty years old. I let it age the way it wanted to.

We only build trailers for friends and family. There is to much work and hours involved to make any money building them and selling them. Plus we have rat rods to build. It took us two years to finish this one and we just started mine a few weeks ago.

Keith

Latest posts

Back