who's ready for $4.00 a gal

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If we nationalized the gas companies and gambling, we could do away with income tax based on their profits. It's time to get rid of the politicians who are owned by the gas companies and quit exporting our oil.
Are you kidding ,nationalized oil companies is how the communists do it. The Government is the PROBLEM not the solution. Tree huging greenies wont let us drill for our own oil which we have in abundance,Clinton shut down western coal fields which drives the price of coal up,No new oil refineries have beem built for 20 years No nuke power plants being built,Govt.taxes and regulation all are contributing to the price of oil. The people dont want different politicans if they did they would stop reelecting the same old crowd on both side of the asile.

Are you kidding ,nationalized oil companies is how the communists do it. The Government is the PROBLEM not the solution. Tree huging greenies wont let us drill for our own oil which we have in abundance,Clinton shut down western coal fields which drives the price of coal up,No new oil refineries have beem built for 20 years No nuke power plants being built,Govt.taxes and regulation all are contributing to the price of oil. The people dont want different politicans if they did they would stop reelecting the same old crowd on both side of the asile.
No, I'm not kidding! Back in the early 70's when there was the first gas shortage, gas was .25 a gal. We were exporting 70K barrels of oil a day. The gas companies had so much gas, they were coming in at night, filling gas tanks at closed gas stations. Gas rose to .75 a gal. The Government threatened to nationalize the gas companies and suddenly, the shortage was over. The gas companies got what they wanted though. Gas stabilized at .65 a gal.

How can they justify 400 Billion in profits for one quarter? Especially when oil is a natural resource owned by the people. Don't forget, oil companies are private entities. At least with politicians, they can be voted out of office.

Well, here is a thought. What if the government is behind the huge increases (duh) so they can stifle the lobby power of the environmental concerns because it will be a national defense issue.
Do any of you realize that we sell most of the oil that comes down the Alaska pipeline to Japan. Our excuse is that we don't have west coast refinerys for high sulpher crude. So what good would opening ANWAR do if we just sell the oil anyway.

I bought me one of those little moped thingies to save some money on gas. The dealer told me I would get 60 mpg, but mine only got 5 mpg! :confused: What do you think was wrong? Here is a picture of me riding it. :D

(this was taken just before the engine exploded :eek:)

Don

Just mite happen!!!

I think you should get that crosley running....:D

Believe me... it has crossed my mind!. Maybe I'll make a really cut down rpu like that one with the motorcycle engine! But 25 HP... don't know if I can go there!!! ; - >

BoB

Well, here is a thought. What if the government is behind the huge increases (duh) so they can stifle the lobby power of the environmental concerns because it will be a national defense issue.
Do any of you realize that we sell most of the oil that comes down the Alaska pipeline to Japan. Our excuse is that we don't have west coast refinerys for high sulpher crude. So what good would opening ANWAR do if we just sell the oil anyway.
Alaska ceased exporting oil in 2000. For this and a lot of other Urban Legend killing facts try this site.WWW.gravmag.com/oil.html. One can open his eyes to the truth or remain with his head in the sand.Choices choises In 2005 last year i can find figs for the profit % for the following companies was.Citigruop-33%,Microsoft-32%,Coca-Cola 21%,Proctor and Gamble-14%,General Electric-11% Oil Industry average-8.2%.Shall we have the govt take them over because of their EXCESS profits.Less govt , not more is the answer.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back