Who's Tudorp?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TudorP15

I have some of my resume in introduction, but I want to get to know you foke, and give you some about what I am about too.

I have loved old school rat rods long before they were considered cool. Hand built cars build by poor workin class dawgs like myself. Built with what ever could be found in your friends garage, or junk yards.

I am 49 years old, and a child of the 60s and 70s. What sparked my love of rods is something maybe more of you remember. Odd Rod trading cards (Stickers actually) and the stale strip of bubble gum that came with them (I always loved the smell of that gum). A huge fan of Big Daddy Roth, Rat Fink and that sort of thing. In fact, I still have many of my old original odd rod cards. Started out with my first car build at 16 with my dad. My 1966 Impala SS. Not much of a rat rod, but was my first auto love built with love by myself and my Dad. My dad was an old school hot rodder from back in the day, and my love came from him and his old school stories. I miss him so much.

Anyway.. Glad to be here, and find this site.

Welcome to RRR TudorP. My love for all things automotive came from my dad also. He is still with us and is still at it and we still work on things together. I try to soak up all the time I can with him.

Welcome to RRR TudorP. My love for all things automotive came from my dad also. He is still with us and is still at it and we still work on things together. I try to soak up all the time I can with him.

You bet. Do it. I was fortunate and was able to move my Dad closer to me and spent almost every waking hour with him in his last 5 years here. He was not only my dad, but my best friend. His old rod back in the day was a 1939 Ford coupe. Man, his stories with that car. Him and some buddies used to build cars to race on a dirt track, long before NASCAR. He even raced against the king Richard Petty long before that name even meant anything. They used to race together on dirt track races in Alabama and Georgia back in the 1940s. I would sit and listen to my dads old hot rod days stories for hours on end. He died almost 4 years ago with me and mom by his side, and even tho we lost an awesome old dude, it was really a beautiful thing in a weird way. I'm just glad my daughter (his favorite grandaughter) has that same love and spark for the old rods. [cl

I lost my father almost 33 years ago, he was a mechanic all his life. I know he didn't think i learned very much from him in our short time together, but i did. He restored a 27 model t coupe several years before he passed and i still have it to this day. And now i am building a 27 tudor hot rod as a sister car. Enjoy your fathers as long as you can.

Latest posts

Back