Why Hide?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is nice to at least see the state someone is in, besides confusion,depression or the others. I would really like to meet people from this board and knowing the state would make that possible.

It is nice to at least see the state someone is in, besides confusion,depression or the others. I would really like to meet people from this board and knowing the state would make that possible.

i have felt the same way.
made friends on auto forums and want to have a beer with em.
and then realize they live in austrailia or sumpin!:confused:

I know where Australia is, but where is Sumpin?

And if anyone is ever gonna be crossin' the Might Mississippi on I-80, your in my back yard. Give me a shout and you can stop by and give me a hand with whatever I'm working on. :D

Hard enough to relate to others on here when all you get from them is short type written comments. Those who have shared some of their personal life with us have allowed us to feel at least a small connection and it makes this (my substitute for a social life) message board experience much more satisfying.
Now i have my exact location on my headline for a while now and the weirdos everyone is so afraid of have yet to show up. ;)

Earthman, I am one of those people who only post short comments like “welcome to the site” and not much more, it is because I’m really no good at this whole typing thing. But I do enjoy reading all the post and I am on this site everyday that I am able. I am not sure I even know what I am trying to say I just wanted to post a reply to let you guys know that, not all of us who don’t post much are just passing thru. I feel like I am at home on this site even though none of you even know who I am.

As usual it took me about 10 min to type this and I almost didn’t post it at all.

Iph, you might consider a typing class at the community college. It will make your time on the computer much more enjoyable. I took a typing class in high school because it was easy never knowing computers were in the future. Thanks for making the effort to reply to the thread :)

My take on things here at RRR

I'm proud to say that I've met alot of RRR members in person over the past three years and I've talked to a handful on the phone. Every single one of them will always be my friend. One of these guys I've even come to consider to be one of my best friends.

Which brings me this.....There's so much to be said for this site. It may sound odd to some but this site has been a great friend to me over the past three years. I've been able to sort of live my dreams through you guys when I couldn't afford to go out and buy a $10.00 part or find anybody to help me haul my cab and I was so discouraged.

However through all the turmoil over the past few years I've always had RRR and you guys to help take my mind off things. I can come here and laugh, offer some encouragement, gain some encouragement and learn some amazing things, and always know I'll be treated with respect.

I think of this site as a brotherhood in a way. Some members last and some don't but many have been here from the start. The ones who have stayed true to it - my thanks for your inspiration through your builds and your friendship. I've lost a lot through my divorce and I still have a long way to go before I'm back on my feet but one thing she hasn't been able to touch is my truck or my hope and determination to get my 51 built one of these days.

I have something to be passionate about and to look forward to because of you guys! None of you don't even realize it but everybody here has done a lot for me. I'm really proud and grateful to be here...

Thanks again guys!!

Thunder

However through all the turmoil over the past few years I've always had RRR and you guys to help take my mind off things. I can come here and laugh, offer some encouragement, gain some encouragement and learn some amazing things, and always know I'll be treated with respect.

Thunder

402471-1.gif

Beautiful Sunday today. Had my stuff out in the driveway and the garage door open to bait gearheads to stop and chat. :D Nobody from the board but a couple of fellows did stop. One has a '32 he has kept on the back burner for 15 years!:confused: The other old timer had been a member of a Model A club for 20 years but wasn't put off at all by the incorrect bits on the A and lack of plans to restore it. :D

I know where Australia is, but where is Sumpin?

And if anyone is ever gonna be crossin' the Might Mississippi on I-80, your in my back yard. Give me a shout and you can stop by and give me a hand with whatever I'm working on. :D

it is spelled in the same fashion as a hunnerd car pile up.....;)

JPH, just take your time and 1 finger the keys!..:D Like Earthman, I had to take a typing class in High School, who knew computers would be so much fun.[S

Thunder, always hang on to your passion, that's something no one can take away![cl.........CR

Latest posts

Back