Why Zombie Cats Rule

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
demotivational-posters-5.jpg

Congratulations, you are a Grandpa !! [cl Cute little rascals, funny how they all look so similar to one another.

Don

Must a been only one daddy? Last spring we fostered a pregnant Russian Blue cat that had six black kittens. The owner said the neighbor cat was black. Being a sucker for black cats we kept two of the girls bringing our black cat population to five. It's doubtful we'll foster again because it's like having the tweekers guard the meth.

Yeah, I know, you get really attached to the little rascals and it is hard to see them leave. Every litter we have seen in the feral cats that come to our shop is made up of every color under the rainbow, so the mama probably had numerous boyfriends.

This is the last litter we fostered, all three were different.

Don

Hey Don, are the kittens feral as well? I've always wondered if they are feral because they are on their own or if they are on their own because they are feral [S

If you don't get your hands on them real young, like before their eyes open, they may not tame down. If we have barn cats that you don't handle by the time they are getting around, they revert back to wild cats. One of my 2 house cats was a rescued barn cat but she was almost drowned when they found her in a rain storm. Her sister and brother at the farm are crazy wild.

My "Baby" Siamese is almost six. Her Mother was feral. I got her from a friend when she was about six months. She is just now letting me love on her a little. I can hold her fro about 45 seconds at a time.

We've been really fortunate, we have gotten 4 kittens from this same Mama cat adopted out, one from the first litter and the 3 from the second litter (she is now fixed so no more).

The first kitten was about 3 months when I trapped her and she was feral but tamed really fast. She used to sit on my lap in the shop office and sleep. She is also domesticated and the lady that adopted her and I stay in touch and the cat is now just like any other house cat.

The 3 little ones in the picture all got good homes and are totally domesticated. I was touching them from the day they were born and even though they were somewhat leery of people the people who adopted them say they are not afraid of people any more.

Their Mom still comes to the shop every night to eat and she is still not 100% comfortable with us, even after feeding her for 3 years. She just has that feral nature but that is what probably keeps her alive in the outdoors.

Don

Im not just nuts about a cat , but ours has earned her keep for life ,, she will bring me a squirrel , mouse , rat , mole , flying squirrels too . ( I guess she gets them on the run-way), lizzards like crazy , no snakes (and I hope it stays that way ) and leave them at the door for us to see . We praise her for it , then she is happy and then munch , munch , munch , We can't call her by voice , but we feed her a little bit twice a day , and we put her food in a soup can and rattle it . if she is in hearing range she will come running :D

Latest posts

Back