Wiffy's oldest son's '57 Chevy

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wretched ratchet

This belongs to the Wiffy's oldest son. Circa 1979 give or take.
Several years ago he took it to a friend of a friend - - - you see it coming don'tcha?
They promised to keep it under cover and start work on it but instead they let it sit outside for several years and nature has taken it's toll. However, he now has it in a garage out of the elements and is trying to decide what to do with it. I've tried to get him to let me start taking it the rest of the way down and the two of us restoring it - - - he's thinking about it but hasn't decided if he wants to spend any more dollars on it. Still keeping my fingers crossed tho.
Bob57.jpg

Gotta love those 57 hardtops. I'm not sure what I'd do with it. There are enough restored ones and there isn't anything you can do to one that hasn't been done. I'd probably hotrod it. Big block 4 speed, ladder bars and horse shoes up front to get some good lift on launch.

Is that a good example of the condition it is close to presently? looks to be in decent shape,, [S
I think I would be putting a little pressure on him to let you get started on it ,, then maybe he would take more interest.. How far away does he live from you?
I think I would just make a nice driver out of it, then decide how far he wants to go;;
From the burnout he's doing,, he likes hot rods[cl
of course you could always send it to me:D

Good to see you posting Amigo

As they say, they aren't makin' em anymore. I agree with you, do something with it. But if he decides not to, sell it to someone who will. It's a slice of Americana!

Latest posts

Back