will this make me a chainer?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice looking car. I hope everything works out for you on this deal, cause just think how cool you are gonna be lookin driven that thing down the highway.

My dad had the same problem with a car he had when he moved to Cal from Okla. BUT if it passes the choke test I'd grab it. Good price. GREAT CAR. only my .02 for what it's worth. A friend had one. VERY sweet ride. Hope you get it. ... .......................RUSTY

more updates guys! loan was approved today, a little bit of paperwork and i should be good to go! also passed smog today. the emissions were super super super clean. cleaner then any car i have ever owned, even a 3 cylinder geo metro:p

i'm going to drive it as except for usual maintenance for a while but then i'm thinking

pumped up heads made to look stock for smog visual
smog legal headers-hedman has them
pre-cat dumps if it is legal-need to find out
performer intake with egr
pumped up quadrajet
1800 rpm stall convertor

should make it plenty quick :cool:

yep, they are already sold actually, i threw up the project as a whole on craigslist. three volvos and the cad motor for $500. I'm not really out anything on the cars, maybe lose $100 on the motor. I can live with that. I want to keep the big block but i figured they would move faster with my vision attached. Funny thing is a guy building a rat rod pick-up saw the ad on craigslist and called me ten minutes after i listed them. :p good to know they are going to a good home and won't be crushed.

The dumps are illegal, however, how many times is an officer gonna get down on his hands and knees to check. They were made illegal in California about 2-3 years ago.

Besides performance mods, you gonna do anything like paint/rims?

Ah Joe............. now you'll be sipping them there iced latte's and hanging out with the Paris Hilton crowd. We can say we knew you when. :cool: :cool: :D :D

Hey, nice looking Vette, and congrats on getting it. I almost bought a '78 about 7 years ago myself.

Have lots of fun driving it.

Don

I think i'll get the two or three small blemishes fixed at a body shop but otherwise i really like the overall look it has right now. I may change the hood later for some more clearance though. We'll see.

i might have to if i want to be cool, anybody ever do a chop on a fiberglass t-top car? then i can bust out some flat black spray paint and then spray the whole body down with wd-40. take a knife to the seats and put a chuckie doll in the passenger seat...... :eek:

don't worry guys, i'll still be hanging out here most of the time. I checked out some corvette forums and here is an example of whats posted in the performance section:

"How do i repair my door handles?" That makes it go faster.......:p lol

it's a done deal guys! it's in my driveway as we speak. sucks though, my drive way is so steep i had to use a couple 2x6's to get in there without scrapping. my first attempt from the front i scraped the whole catalytic convertor on the bottom, then i tried it in reverse and i think i knocked something loose on the exhaust :mad:

my wife is going to talk to the concrete guys at her work to see how much it will run us to redo the entrance to the drive. i'll have to think of a better solution until then tonight. (i can't leave it on the street, we don't live in a "bad" area, but it's not a good area either)

Same thing happened with my 68' Vette, but the hang-up was the Hooker Comp headers. If you decide to run a bigger tire on back and raise the back end, this may solve your problem. Raising the rear of a corvette is easy.
At the ends of the rear spring, I used some steel pipe and washers to make spacers so I could run 29x10.5 Mcgearys.

i may even get a new driveway out of this! i've been telling my wife i wanted a driveway on the other side of the house and she has always said no but she is going to ask about that too, it might be easier to do then changing our exsisiting driveway. sweet!

I really don't understand how you could scrape. They seem to have lots of ground clearance.........just look at this profile shot. :D:D

Don

Attachments

• redneck_corvette.jpg
    redneck_corvette.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts

Back