Willys

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Iron

On my way home from the job site, I spotted this setting in a driveway and took my phone out took a pic and looked in a window n was caught :eek:
Well I waved :eek: and went to pull away and a young man asked me what was going on so I backed up n told him I love old cars.
We struck up a conversation, he told me it was his father in-laws and it had been given to him as a gift (kool) I told him about the RRR so I won't go any further as he may just join the forum and I don't want to ruin his intro.

Jim

Attachments

• IMG00072.jpg
    IMG00072.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG00073.jpg
    IMG00073.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG00074.jpg
    IMG00074.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 57
cool truck, have always had a eye for them and the studes, but i really liked the overland. might have had something to do with my grandfather having one when i was a kid.

Busted checking out someone's ride .....had that happen a few times myself :eek: Sounds like it worked out well though and ya might even get him to "drink the koolaid" to boot :D Hope he does join up, I like those old Willys trucks too.....top looks awfully tall on his though :D

Looks to be in really good shape. Noticed the wipers below the windshield. Mine has em above (or at least that is where they are supposed to be...dont exactly have em on my truck) Snake Farm might be able to I.D. the year with that in mind?
Love me some Willys Overland trucks. [cl

This fella was really a nice guy came out drinkin a cocktail my kind of ol boy [dr ;)
I think he told me it was a 53 ?

Last edited:
Hey OldIron

I gotta twin at home to that Willys truck you found. I love the parking brake brick located behind the rear wheel. Mine hasnt been restored..I call it a resto-rat...you know just enough done to it but still keep all the character that these old trucks deserve. I am working up the nerve now to actaully drive it on the road now....Mine is really old and smelly...drips..smokes...is generally just a cool old truck...cant wait to see him post his intro.
Thanks for sharing.
MikeC

I think the split windshield means pre-'60? I dunno, it's been a while. My first truck ever was a '59 Willys with the "Super Hurricane" 6cyl 226.

Latest posts

Back