windshield

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjucius

I'm having a hard time finding a curved windshield for my 1952 international L-110 pickup, i was wondering if any one has tryed to mod the windshield opening to take flat glass? i can get flat glass made up any where also i'm disabled so i'm on a tight budget of else i would buy a new one @ $340.00 i just cant afford that. so do you think my idea would work? i also plan on giving it a small chop. Thanks
Joe

Just going to throw this out there but I have seen one truck using a 3 piece window in the front instead of a curved window, it looked horrible. Maybe if he had spent more time to get it right it would have looked better. Maybe you could find an old two piece frame and mold it in to look right????

Another consideration is, do you want something that might not fit right in front of your face when you are going 60 mph? I know the possibility of something happening is slim, but just thought I would mention that.:)

Don

Don, he'd have to graft in the whole thing all the way back into the A-posts and roof, not just switch out the frame.

It would be a complete re fab of the windshield opening, (i have more time than money LOL) i'm thinking of copying the late forty's international frame with the split window. and thanks to every one for all the help and ideas.

Latest posts

Back