wiper motor swap question

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiny1

Callin' him Tiny is like callin' Dirty Harry a bea
A friend has a 48 Chevy car and he wants to do away with the vacuum style and replace with 12 v electric motor . Man some of those conversion kits or high we were wondering if there is wiper motor on a late model car that can be made to replace the old vacuum style wipers?

wiper

I used an 88 S-10 wiper motor on my 39 buick. Just had to modify the arms. Jva e only 1 wiper but works good. 2 speeds even...

Try here

Try www.speedwaymotors.com They have them for $29.95 including arm and wiper blade. For that price you could buy two and put one on each side. The # is 911-23501 try that in their search. There's other kits to check out on their site.

Last edited:
thanks for the replies guys I will check them out. I was fooling around today and have a 2001 blazer that has been wrecked my son brought home for the motor it had a wiper in the back glass i took it out today i think i can make it work both arms because it works like the old vacuum one did. If it works i'll let you all know. I called the local u pull it yard today they want 20 bucks for one. Seems cheap enough for sure.

Thanks again

Latest posts

Back