Wire spoke rims ??

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Menace

How are some running the old wire spoke rims (32 Ford etc.) ? Do you have to use adapters on late model frames ? My frame uses a 5 on 4.75 bolt pattern rim (Chevy) but I was hoping to use some old wire spoke wheels. What do I have to do ?
Thanks

Those old spoke rims are 5 on 5 i,ve heard
that some later are 5 on 4 3/4 but i never saw
any get a adapter and put on some old Ford on
your chevy pattern hope it helps

I saw an article once on cutting the center out and replacing it with the correct bolt pattern. The had a machined center with the correct spacing and everything. The new center was just welded into place.

Real early Ford wire wheels will not work with your modern style drums. They must be mounted on an early Ford hub & drum to seat properly. They get their strength from that design. Just another downside of your S-10 Frame choice...

BTW all Ford passenger car & light truck wheels from '28-'48 are 5 on 5.5"

Just another downside of your S-10 Frame choice...

Yeah I know, guess I'll use the aluminum slots or plain steels. The more I look at the S-10 builds the more I want to build my own frame. Have to use what I got for now...budget constraints :mad:.
Thanks for the responses.

It always costs more to re-do it the second time, than it does to do it 'right", the first time!

Latest posts

Back