Witch way to go with build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

21willys

While looking thru my stash today I started looking at my 50 jeepster that's on the to do list. It has got pretty rusty from sitting uncovered. I need to get something done with it next or it will be to far gone. I just cant decide on wether to slam it on the ground and build a low buck rat to sale or to build a jacked up 4x4 to sale.

Here's a few pics of similar builds of what I am considering.

E734EDEC-606E-4DA7-9E59-3833B4E73F00-1582-0000011A4E8D1A6F_zps67d15620.jpg

I don't care for the huge tires in the back and I would probably just use the jeepster grill.

829DB0BE-C151-4C45-BE55-2531E07AD7C4-1582-0000011A4A14DD3A_zpsedd2a356.jpg

This one looks like it has leaf spring suspension up front. I would probably use coil springs.

Both builds would have sbc engines. To build the 4x4 version I would have to build a new frame and I would build three or four link suspension front and rear. I have everything needed for both builds except a divorced transfer case that I would need for a 4x4.

What's everyone's in put?

well... what I was going to do with my studie, was blend a '79 3/4 ton camper special Dodge 440 4 X 4 with the 46 studie pick-up... make something "lower" but not slammed to the ground, build for doing 4 X 4 burn outs at the stoplights... as the price of gas went up, those ideas changed...

but it would be cool to have something you could "light up" all 4 tires with... the Jeepster would be an interesting option...

well... what I was going to do with my studie, was blend a '79 3/4 ton camper special Dodge 440 4 X 4 with the 46 studie pick-up... make something "lower" but not slammed to the ground, build for doing 4 X 4 burn outs at the stoplights... as the price of gas went up, those ideas changed...

but it would be cool to have something you could "light up" all 4 tires with... the Jeepster would be an interesting option...

Hmm I forgot that I just got a 440 in with low miles.:D

Definitely the 4x4 version.I have a divorced T case from a 64 Ford, shipping would be a killer though.

Do you have any other good tin to make the trip worth while lol?

The axles that I thought about using are from a ford so that case would be perfect. I have a dana44 high pinion and 9" with 3:55 gears out of a 79 half ton.

Do you have any other good tin to make the trip worth while lol?

The axles that I thought about using are from a ford so that case would be perfect. I have a dana44 high pinion and 9" with 3:55 gears out of a 79 half ton.

In stock right now, a 56 Chevy 2 ton truck, original V8 truck, all complete, not running, a 57 Chevy 2 or 2 1/2 ton, really nice straight tin, 6 banger (maybe a 261) supposed to run . a 59 Chevy one ton, runs and drives out good but the front end is kinda banged up, and a pretty decent 41 Ford pickup, mostly all there, not running. Supposed to be titles on them all but not in hand yet.

Latest posts

Back