would you build a ratrod out of this

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
9 times out of 10 I would say rat it out this isn't one of them times for god sakes its a rambler it don't need to be ratd out to be cool it wasborn that way do a motor swap lower it just a couple of inches (just enuf to knock the top off the weeds) and drive it [ddd
That's just what I would do but its your car so u gotta make the finel call on that

If I go with a sleeper should I use a SBC or a mopar 318.I love the sound of the mopar starting.So unique

It's the gear reduction starter that gives the Mopars their unique starter sound. You can buy one of those new mini starters for the SB Chevy like Powermaster, I think, they are also gear reduction type and sound just like the Mopar ones - unless of course you'd just rather use the 318 since down the road Chrysler ended up absorbing AMC.

I'm seeing a Corvette front and rear suspension, a slightly tweaked LS motor with a 6 speed and a bone stock body....

Do you realize that the Rambler is a uni-body type car? That makes suspension swaps & upgrades a little different from cars that actually have frames.Just wondering.

nice Rambler

If the driveline gives trouble, I'd recommend a swap "in kind." A late-model (up to 2006) AMC/Jeep fuel injected 4.0 inline six with an automatic O/D or 5-speed, whichever you prefer. The Rambler has a torque-tube driveline, however, so any change in the modern direction will also mean a rear axle/diff swap.

Great little cars.

Have fun!

440shorty

P.S. A Rambler already fits the "Dare to be Different" category. :)

Latest posts

Back