would you do it

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tkkruzer

just recently got turned on to overhaulin and have been watching old reruns on netflix . so now for the question, would you be happy with having your rod foosed up and made a super rod?[;) . i ask this cuz i just watched them take a rat rod model A and turn it into one fine ride . but it wasnt all that bad before. what do you guys think [P

I have a car that I would not mind at all if they overhauled it, my 57 Anglia. I kinda like the rod Im building the way it is. But if you can get any car on there, go for it!

not me - i would LOVE for them to "overhaul" one of my vehicles -
because THEN i could sell that for serious $$$$ and build 5 just how i want.

It would be a car you would never be able to drive because it is a Foose car, and worth a lot simply for that reason. You could occasionally take it to a show, but beyond that you would be reducing the value of it, IMO.

But, I would be thrilled to have a Foose built car in my garage for the monetary reasons alone. But I bet a lot of the people who get their car done would have done certain things a little different.

It could be worse, your car could be done by PIMP MY RIDE!!! :eek: I'm not sure I need a milk shake machine/ hot dog cooker and a headliner that looks like the stars at night in my rides. :eek::p:D:D

Don

that show with the model a changed my mind about foose. chip knowing what a "foose car" is took the time to get it right. now by everyday RRRer that car was pretty good to start with and wouldn't mind having it in their stable. I thought Chip only built sema and riddler car with no regard to where this hobby came from. That A build changed my mind. None of my car will be foose cars and I'm fine with that. this blog is for the people that build cars that they want to build. you can't have good without evil, and rust without shiny.

I have watched some of those builds and I would be truly ticked off if they had done it to my car. Plus I don't like the way they mess with people and lie to them, it isn't funny. Some of the builds I do like and I think Foose is the best.

Yeah, I flip channels when they start those bogus calls to the owner........as if he doesn't know the "cop" on the other end isn't fake. :rolleyes: Plus, I bet a lot of people have it set up with their families to contact Foose and get their car done. Anytime TV producers get involved with a show the drama and fakery start.

Don

I think it wold be great to have a vehicle made over by Foose.[cl But the first thing I would do is take of those big wheels that he puts on every car or truck he does and put on something else!:D..CR

Didnt see the Model A show, but I bet most of the cars that get chosen are owned by people who would prefer shiny cars rather than rats. To me, they are just a different kind of car. I would love to have a car that they redo. A ton of good work and parts goes into each car. They have great tools and methods, and unfortunately not a lot of time. Think of how much value they add to a vehicle in a week. Staggering.
Just because I like what they turn out doesnt mean I cant enjoy rats too. I mean, I like blondes, but brunettes and redheads can also be SCHWEET! ;)

ive tried and tried to get my wife to have one of mine stolen by them. but most of the time the only work out in cali. i seen a silver and black chevele he done in pigeon forge a few years back. the subtle little things he done most never even look at . the side light were there. just hidden behind dark covers. the bad thing is you have to pay for alot of the stuff. its not all free.

IMG_0085.jpg

twin tourbo here

IMG_0083.jpg

But the first thing I would do is take of those big wheels that he puts on every car or truck he does and put on something else!:D..CR

Ditto! Not a big fan of the wheels but everything else they do is really impressive. He's got more patience than I'll ever have.

Ditto! Not a big fan of the wheels but everything else they do is really impressive. He's got more patience than I'll ever have.

theres no doubt the man is brilliant - but the car would be up for sale
immediately -- just not my cup of tea to have a car i wont drive -
id prefer someone have it who will appreciate it more and me
have the extra cash -- i imagine the cars are worth about what i make
from an entire year of working - having the car isnt even comparable to
what i could do with the money it could bring in - pay off some of my house,
take the kids on a few vacations, buy the wife and I another (used) vehicle and still
have plenty of cash to build what i wanted to have to begin with -
sorry - guess im just practical lol

just the rims are probably around 2k... give me a break.

I'm 99.9% sure the whole thing is a set up from start to finish. I read somewhere that you need to sign a contract that you won't sell the car inside a certain period, that it needs to be available for presentations as and when Foose requires etc etc. All in all it would seem impossible for the show to be a genuine surprise to anybody related to the car.

I mean, what if the owner decided he didn't want his car to be Foosed up, but preferred it as it was?? Legal ramifications, expenses, court case etc etc. :confused:

Nothing against Foose himself, as he apparently a very genuine car guy, one of the 'nice guys' in the show game.

It all fell apart for me when they had some truck in for a makeover, and it was 9am Saturday morning, and it was all in pieces, and they were due to present the truck at 3pm, and it WAS ready!

BUT, they expected us to believe they had fitted the drivel train, the exhaust, the wiring, the interior and the sound system in six hours... [cl[cl[S

Overhauling

I have watched them screw up some nice cars,especially the guys Model A .the car looked alright to begin with and they turned it into everyones clone at the carshow.Heck if you could get all that stuff for free would you put a set of 18 inch wheels up under a 69 Camaro? Tha:cool:t show is about as lame as American Pickers or even worse Lost but we know where you are.

I have met Mr Foose a few times and he hung around our club booth at the car show in Toronto a bit. He does some neat stuff I liked the Falcon and the model A that that came in with a Mazda four cyl and left with a Y block ford. As for some of the over the top stuff thats what payed the bills.

I had my dads 69 Javelin for a while, and my sister-in-law was on the film crew for a while, so I tried to get my family to nominate it for that show. Then it came out that the cars are thrown together for the reveal, then they keep the car for a complete rebuild again that isn't rushed. After that they get to take it on the show circuit. I said I could live with all of that, but then they have the owner pay all of the taxes, shipping, etc. on the parts used in the build. I couldn't afford that, so it didn't happen. Oh well, having a celebrity for a car wouldn't be so bad....

Latest posts

Back