wow you all have been busy

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thom

Today's visit is my first since 10/2009. There's been a lot going on here.My ratrods are not radical , but here's a couple, or three.
001-36.jpg

001-37.jpg

003-29.jpg

The 56 F100 is soon going to be my daily driver again, after a 2 year rest. It has a 472 Cadillac engine, 400TH trans, and Volare ifs.
I've had the 40 Chevy sedan for 30 years. After running a smallblock and auto for years, I put in a 54 235 six and a three speed column shift trans. I love it. It has Mustang II ifs.We drove it to the Shades of the Past rod run in pigeon Forge TN last week.The swampcooler is a big hit at cruise-ins.Most people here in the east don't know what it is.
The Corvair rampside truck is a recent find. I'm not sure what I'll do with it.
I also have a 55 Studebaker half-ton truck that I put on a 87 Dodge Dakota frame. It will get a smallblock and auto when it's time comes.
I'll have to visit more often. This is great.:D

The 56 F100 is now my daily driver,again. It has a Chrysler 8 3/4 rearend. It was geared 3.23 which was a little lower than I liked so I changed to a 2.76 gear. I was turning about 3200 rpms @ 55 mph. Now I cruise @ 55 turning about 2300 rpm.Since the Cadillac that the engine and trans came from was geared about the same and had the same size tires my speedometer is right.:D

Latest posts

Back