WV Inspection????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnT

Can anybody tell me or do they live in WV with a rat rod , No fenders , and expose engine an pipes . Can you get it inspected with a regular sticker or does it need a modifed sticker, I have looked through the laws and can't find anything saying one way or the other .
Not that it really matters just asking a question. I thought that all vehicles was inspected base on safety and operation . Could anybody shed some light on this ?

Just seen this post and its a very good question, I live in WV and building a RR and I'm worried about this. WV is very tuff on these things..I know in this area I'm gonna run into all kinds of griff about fenders, from what I've heard so far they are a must if the car is on the road...I'm gonna have to do some diggin around on more info and I'll try to post it back on here...are you moving to this area??

Hey wuwu20,
I live in Summersville. Been checking in building a rod from scratch. Probably a roadster pickup, or a closed cab one, but I'd like it low with model a wheels and a unique 4-6 cylinder. A woody c-cab could be a possiability, would be cheap to fab, and since I built my own teardrop camper, that would be pretty easy.....John T.

hey wuwu20,
No, I haven't a clue on the rules. I don't do well with the dmv:eek: I've went to the Capitol Building twice on some dmv stuff, they act like they are doing you a favor and could care less for the tax dollars that they could collect if they weren't such tight-arses.
I have a 1947 KenSkill teardrdop that they register as homebuilt, even after a Police Officer verified exactly what it is. It's still listed as a HB.:mad:
John T.

Hey wuwu20,
HB means homebuilt. It'll be like calling an expensive custom car a stocker. With a stroke of a key it went from being a collectable, sought after trailer to being a cheap everyday trailer.:( John T. I do have a HB Teardrop, that I built about 2 yrs ago, in addition to my "47 KenSkill.

Latest posts

Back