Yet anither random pointless observation

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CR55

It's just a little surface rust!
Sold my old daily driver yesterday. Stuck it on craigslist for what I considered a good deal for both me and the buyer. Phone calls started immediately around 9:00 pm and continued until 4:20 am... would any of you call someone that late at night? And the " will you take less" before you've even seen it started early too!! I hate selling anything......cr

The level of mentality it takes to call after 10:00 ceases to amaze me [S
Were ya too sleepy to make a rude comment to the 4:20 caller :rolleyes:

A guy I knew used to call people at all hours to buy cars. He'd call me at all hours too to help him haul them to storage. Over time he forgot where he stored his purchases as he rented garages all over Minneapolis.

He was on speed.

For some reason you meet some strange people via Craigslist. I think it is the fact the ads are free it causes people who normally don't buy and sell stuff to do it.

Weirdest one I ever had was a few years ago when I sold a car I had. Guy called me and asked if it would make it to Chicago and I said I thought it would as it was a good running car. He showed up with cash, took his suitcases out of his car and transferred them to the one I sold him. Put his license plate on it, and asked if he could leave his old car there for a day as a junk man would be coming to get it.

He hopped in my car and drove off into the sunset. :eek: I think he was running from something, but his cash was good and that was all I cared about. :D And the junk man did come and take his old one away.

Don

The worst ones on CL are the freetards. You put something up for free, rather than tossing it away. You get the "can you deliver it to me, in another town, in another state?"

As for 4:20 am. I would have told him to come on over,,,,,, by the time he got there I would be awake enough to "say something witty".

The worst ones on CL are the freetards. You put something up for free, rather than tossing it away. You get the "can you deliver it to me, in another town, in another state?"

I get that alot, I have something I can't just throw away as it would/should have a small amount of value to someone, or is still a useful product but still get those requests asking for it to be delivered over an hour away. I got to the point that when I post anything for free I post "item for free, delivery $5/km ($8/mile)" still get the question though.

I have alot of stuff on the CL, I started turning my phone off because of texts all hours of the night. The ones that get me is, I text back around 9:00 am and I don't get a text back till 3:00 am the next day. must work nights?

i got some calls after i was asleep for the night.
of course i dont answer the call then.
but i DO call them back when I wake up.
4AM
what goes around comes around......[ddd

4:20 wouldn't bother me, I'm usually awake then. But I've never had a rude or inconsiderate buyer for C-list, ocassional retard but that's it.

I never put anything for free, we have a local ghetto consignment auction for that.

OH OH my FAVORITE ........ MY SHIPPER WILL CONTACT YOU !!! DWHEEL DAT BE VINE..in english no,it wont be fine !!!!!

I get calls at 4am.....

A call at 4 am would of got him directions to a bad address.

but from an officer contacting command for direction on how to handle an unsual situation......and ....not every day...

A call at 4am for a Craigslist add would put me in the "ain't no way I'm going to sell it to you" kinda mood....once again, logic and common sense do not prevail.... and that is just another Random, Pointless Observation....:D

Sorry for the hi-jack. This was my best for CL,I had 22 cases of Kerr jars from a estate. I listed them for free and said they were full of STUFF, this lady called and said she wanted them but that I needed dump them out and wash them or she would not take them........ OMG REALLY[S

Latest posts

Back