Yikes!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A whole new cottage industry has sprung up with guys cranking out these things and selling them to people who want a rat rod and can't build it themselves. For the most part the cars are pretty crappy, and this one sure has some elements of crappiness to it. I just feel sorry for the guy who buys it thinking a few little changes and he is on the road. I bet that steering is a lot of fun! :eek:

Here is a video of the same car.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCPItlLkwpE

Don

That frontend and steering is scary!!. No wonder Rat Rods get such a bad rap. Builds like this do nothing more than disgrace those who engineer and build with safety in mind regardless of the appearance of the ride.

You think that one is scary, check out these little gems.............:eek::eek:

Don

Attachments

• badrod.jpg
    badrod.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 115
  • badrod5.jpg
    badrod5.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 119
  • badsteering.jpg
    badsteering.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 124
Yikes! To the threaded iron pipe for a steering shaft!!! I guess if it unthreads just turn the other way to tighten it back!!! I DONOT want to be on the road with that!!!

Yikes is right. I would not want to be in either of those vehicles. Some people just should not have tools.

Sure, why go to all the trouble of installing Borgenson U joints in your steering when Home Depot is so close to home!! :D At least he was saavy enough to put one pin in one location and index the other one in a different spot so he has the proper geometry.:D

As for the pipe unscrewing, what do you think rust is for???? :D:D

Don

Rat rod...no Rat Trap...YES. :eek: Looks real scary.
Tim

My thoughts exactly!!!!!! What a beast! Its a shame these idiots ruin descent old tin on these pieces of crap! I'd rather see that old truck rotting away in a field somewhere rather than wind up put together like that. I sure as hell wouldn't drive that thing anywhere.

Thunder1

I know weve been staring at the front for awhile, but did any one notice the way the rear frame was welded on the ebay truck?

Latest posts

Back