You make me think

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidJ

I just wanted to say when I was a kid my dad always had rod and custom (the little books) laying around I would read them cover to cover and then draw my favorite cars they always had great lines. low to the ground, lake pipes, dummy spot lights and a personal touch.
I am Trying to build my car so it looks like it could have been in one of the little books. I really like how most of your cars are home built maybe not perfect but built the way I have the tools to build.[;) Some of the cars
on here really make you think. love the RRR site.[S

Most of us probably grew up like you, reading the little books and drawing our dream cars. Mine were always 32 Ford roadsters, channeled and fenderless. My Brother in Law was a designer and gave me a set of his old compasses and other drawing tools and I was in heaven, for once I could draw round wheels. :D My Mom thought I was an aspiring artist, but all I was doing was putting on paper what I wanted to build.

It's nice to see hot rods coming back to their roots, with guys on forums like this building basic cars again. There is a difference between a hot rod and a street rod............street rods are more fancy and have more bling.

Just yesterday a young couple who were driving a Porche roadster pulled up next to me at a light and started asking questions about my 27. The lady said " I love the flattened black color on it, makes it look old." I thanked her and agreed that I like it too." :D

Don

Latest posts

Back