You need to change it..

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

21willys

Anybody ever have people tell you what you need to do and what ya did wrong on your ride? I made a trip in my rpu today to a local junkyard to check out a new project. The owner of the yard had a 15 minute list of what I should of done and what I needed to do. Said I needed fenders and to take my original M/T valve covers off and put stock ones on it. I didn't bother telling him a short valve cover wasn't going to fit. He had a bunch of other stuff but I stopped listening after the fender comment.
Maybe he just cought me in a off mood but the guy really rubbed me the wrong way.

I usually try to keep a open mind to suggestion but when someone who has never built a car try's to pick my car apart it didn't sit well with me.

No they should just shut up

Heck at least he looked at yours long enough to judge it, the locals around here are so jealous of me they wouldn't even look at "MINE". :confused:
I joined another place before I found RRR and the very first comment was "trucks look stupid without fenders" and the second comment was "rat rods are for stupid people who cant build real cars" needless to say I told them off and got "BANNED" . COOL[cl
JMO but when your done and it's safe, it's yours to enjoy, which was what you wanted something to have fun in..[cl

Everyone has an opinion, just have to remind yourself you build it for you, and no one else.
I would just smile and say, maybe you should build you own, you seem to have a lot of ideas.

yep

and l am very opinionated on some cars, others, not so much.

some rods are so over the top they just look like a rolling art gallery. some of the best are subtle and don't yell " hey look at me"[S

l like most all rods. but one of my peeves is white walls on the wrong style of rod, drives me nuts & sometimes l have to say something. even though it's there's and they built how they want it.

l get flak all the time for chevy power in all my mopers:eek:

just roll with it it..if that is the worst thing that happened today, it is a good day:D

Later :cool:

the only ones that really bug me are garbage scows or sometimes called clown cars or i dont know what else they are called
theme cars?
you know?
the ones with crap hanging all over them.
toilet seats and stuff?
but i have had a couple different guys tell me i need to chop mine.
apparently they cant tell it is chopped 6" and channeled 4"

Billy I call those "crap rods".

Skull what cars aren't suppose to have whitewalls in your opinion?

new

seen a 1992 ford stepside with wide whites and baby moons, looked ugly as sin.

any truck newer than about 1955, most cars of the 60's and any kind of rod with them ugly wide white walls..sorry but you asked:rolleyes:

but again, not mine so people can build'em any way they want. that is the beauty of this sport:D

thing is, l like all kind of vehicles[cl

Later :cool:

Did I read that right? Did you say any kind of rod shouldn't have them?

I have them on my rpu and think they look good. If you don't like them I'm ok with that lol:D

Up north here we operate on a philosophy known as "Minnesota Nice". That means people don't tell you what they think, they talk behind your back.

Ive got some folks giving me a hard time about all my junk in the back yard.They tell me the price of scrap is up+I should get it hauled off. They dont understand a 37 Packard+47 Jeep truck+48 Diamond T+49 Dodge truck+a few Chevy trucks aint junk.Its art.

Chip who???

I guess, being from the South, I'd just smiled and said " Shucks....I wondered why you aren't on TV anymore Chip!" LOL[ddd

Some people have good taste, some have bad taste and some have NO taste.:rolleyes:

Lynn

expert opinions

Best comeback for the you should have experts is just ask them to show you their ride 99% don't have one and never have.:cool:

Mine wasn't right to start with and won't be when I get through. Jus fire it up and let the exhaust drown em out

I get that all the time with this car (attached). All sorts of comments but the ones I hear all the time:

- Shoulda put a tree-fitty in it
- Shoulda made the back end pointy like a boat
- Should paint it xxxx street rod color
- Should put mags and big slicks on the back

No one understands its supposed to be a vintage racer, not a T-bucket. Oh well, all you can do is smile and drive away. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• VR2.jpg
    VR2.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 35
I get that all the time with this car (attached). All sorts of comments but the ones I hear all the time:

- Shoulda put a tree-fitty in it
- Shoulda made the back end pointy like a boat
- Should paint it xxxx street rod color
- Should put mags and big slicks on the back

No one understands its supposed to be a vintage racer, not a T-bucket. Oh well, all you can do is smile and drive away. :rolleyes:

The only person who has told me what I shoulda done is a big ape I know and he came over to me at the gas station and told me I should have put a 350 chevy in it. I hope his cat craps in his headphones.

When somebody does that to me - I tell about this great website that they should be a part of. It's full of knowledgable people just like you and you'd fit in great.

It rhymes with sam and starts with h but should really only be considered as a compliment to eggs.

Had a 37 ford slant back i built 20 or so years ago. A friend of a good friend of mine (who i had never met before) informed me that it wasn't a hot rod because it had an automatic in it. Asked him if the 10 year old Toyota Tercel that his parents gave him was a hot rod because it had a stick in it. The kid had enough nerve to call me a smart @$$ and a pig. I, being the nice police officer i was at the time smiled at him and told him his mama ate pork and to go home and give her a big kiss on the lips for me. He left!

Latest posts

Back