You won't have me to kick around anymore !

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, thanks for the good wishes, much appreciated. :) I haven't been ignoring you all, I just have been at the shop today and just got in. We were working on Dan's new carb setup.

Retirement would be great if you had a bunch of money to enjoy things like traveling, but I hate not having that paycheck every two weeks. It also hasn't been the best for my health, I get no exercise and eat the wrong things all day long. :eek:

This new job won't make me rich but on top of SS it will be a little something extra. Well, I have to be at work tomorrow at 8 am, so I guess I better get to bed.

Thanks again guys, I am going to miss having the ability to check in here as often as I like.

Don

Retirement

Have fun at work, Don!

I work with several guys who are eligible to retire, but are still in their late 50s with obligations. So, they keep coming to work. And one guy who retired, got bored & could use the money, and came to work where I do.

If you rest, you rust. Stay busy!

Thanks again for everything you do, especially here on RRR.

440shorty

CONGRATULATIONS Don....

I've always enjoyed your work and comments on what-ever it might be that
you're building or built some time in the past. Hope you continue as much as possible.

I "retired" from my regular job (after 34 years) and that was in 1998. I went back to work a week later with a part time job, work 6 months and take 6 months off, every year and LOVE IT !

Some one is always after you to do something for them, it doesn't quit either :)

Good Luck
Good Health
God Bless

Thanks, guys. Well, I got through the first day and am still alive, but my legs and back are really feeling it. I haven't worked a day in about 3 years so I am really out of shape. But it felt good to be doing something worthwhile today and a lot of the people I now work with are people I worked with before, so that makes it nice.

If I can only stay awake tonight and not ruin my sleep with a nap I will be ok. I couldn't fall asleep last night until about 3 am because my schedule has been so upside down.

Yawn........................ :D

Don

It's been almost 2 years since the wife and I both retired. I miss my old job but my new job, going to the gym, keeps me busy. That and my noon nap.

Don, you gotta keep up with RRR. I know taking prospective buyers on a "test drive" in a 38 foot Donzi is tough, but with wifi smart phones, you can stay up with current posts, so that is what we expect.
I have about 4 years left before I check out of the workin world. I've been at the same place now for 33 years. I need a change of scenery. I think I would like to see more of this great country we live in before I cant move on my own. I hope you did plenty of what you love when you had the time but no money. Now you'll have the money but no time!! Good luck brother!

Hey Don, I retired from the Big Green Tractor Factory in '04. I've been working on and off at full and part time jobs ever since. I tell people I still haven't decided what I want to do when I grow up. I thought retirement would help my aches and pains but it didn't so I figured I might as well make the extra money. Good luck to you.

Blue

Latest posts

Back