YoungBlood here

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YoungBlood

Hey all,

Just introducing myself. I started building my 39 Chevy pick up late this summer and now, with all of the pieces acquired, its time to start putting her together. She will be built with spare parts I have laying around basically.

Drivetrain: Chrysler (318/904/ and 8 3/4 rear)
Chassis: Modified 70's Chevy Pick Up
Grille: 32' Ford
Radiator: 40's Chevy
Straight Axle: 60's Dodge Van modified to suicide, Ford wishbones, Harley Shovelhead Shocks
Wiring: modified from 70's Chevy Truck

I pulled the drivetrain from my 72 Duster (soon to be big block) and the rear is from a C-Body Dodge. I normally see Chevy mo'/tranny hooked to 9" rear. I wanted to do something different and I already had the stuff laying around. Cab will get 5 inch Chop, 4 inch Channel.

Likely some of the above details will likely change, but thats the way I'm starting. I might just built a chassis from sratch from 2x3 tubing if the Chevy one won't work.

I only have $500 invested so far.

Glad to be here guys,
YoungBlood

Welcome to the site Youngblood. Glad you found us. Sounds like you're off to a pretty good start there. Good luck with your progress and post up some pics when you can.

Welcome to RRR YoungBlood. Looks like you have a good plan and enough parts gathered to be well on the way. The Mopar guys around here will like your engine choice. :)

Thanks guys, I will get some pics up as soon as I get my buddy's 37 Chevy out of the shop (i need the space to get started).

Cycledog, I too am a Mopar fan. The little 318 out of the Duster has been a great motor and never let me down (knock on wood). I haven't seen a rat truck with a 318 yet.

Welcome to RRR, Youngblood ! As a Mopar guy, I love the idea of a Mopar drive train in a Chevy. Tho, as for now, my 47 Plymouth has Chevy drivetrain. :eek:

Latest posts

Back