Zephyrhills Swap meet.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been to it a few times years ago, but haven't been there for a while. Just too far from home for a one day trip. Lots of car stuff but also lots of crafts, but I have scored some good deals when I did go.

Let us know how it was when you get back, David.

Don

It was pretty good and yes ALOT of crafts. I took a bunch of pics I will load them when I figure out what photobucket has done.

Also kinda kicking myself for not buying a grill I saw:mad: but there is always turkey rod run:D

Car Corral

Sorry it took me a bit to get these posted

IMG_0059.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

swapmeet.

I went down Sat am lot of nice cars all overpriced,the swapmeet stuff looked more like yardsales than auto swap. The International with the camper on it is from Webster. He drives that to swapmeets all over the country . Hope Carlisle can build the show back up but the former owner ran it down pretty bad. Perry,Georgia swapmeet took alot of the vendors away too. Moultrie this weekend and then Daytona. The Sumter Swapmeet will be down alittle this show but going to set up anyway. :cool: Good pictures.

There wasn't alot there. I did find a hood ornament I wanted for a good price.

Found a grille I liked and waited but someone bought the insert (which he wouldn't sell separate when I was there) but that worked out because then I got the one online that I listed the pic of the other day

I honestly don't think I will go back to the Zephyrhills show I was honestly disappointed by the turnout.

How ever I did spend alot because I took the wife and they had over priced fair food :rolleyes:

I sorta felt the same way. It seemed to be mostly crafts and stuff for the antique restorer types. In general, swap meets (and garage sales) are not what they once were because of things like Ebay and Craigslist. But with Ebay getting greedy, and I mean GREEDY, , and CL being poplulated by so many flakes, maybe swap meets will make a comeback. I sure hope so.

Don

Yes there was alot of garage sale type junk that wasn't even car related.

I have noticed ebay has gone over the top with fees and such and I am so sick of CL because of all the crap phone calls an emails I get. The other day I was talking to a buddy in his junk yard and within 30 seconds we both got a call from gatorland Acura trying to buy cars we had on CL. It's just ridiculous anymore to list there.

I've had it with Ebay, it doesn't make sense to sell stuff on there anymore. I recently sold a part for $ 250.00 and I agreed to eat the shipping. Ebay took $ 7.55 because the guy paid via PayPal (which they demand you use) they also took $ 25.20 in Ebay final value fees, and I paid $ 30.00 to ship it. Out of the $ 250 I netted only $ 187.25 ! :mad: If I had charged shipping Ebay would have also gotten a fee for me collecting that money, AND THEY HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE SHIPPING ! :mad::mad:

I wish there was an alternative (a good alternative) to Ebay, I hate them any more. They end up making more on a sale than you do, and then they do nothing to protect the sellers, only the buyers.

Hopefully, their greed will be their undoing.

Don

Yeah the guy I bought the grille from I offered to just gift him 55 and he could just send it to me. He said he wanted to follow ebay regs so he relished as a buy it now. So I paid 53 for it and eBay and PayPal gt their money

That guy was being loyal but dumb IMO, David. Wonder if he feels the same way once he got the final chunk Ebay took out of that sale ? :rolleyes:

I have tried to put in my ads that money orders are ok, but Ebay has their computer set up to catch those words and it refuses to allow the ad to be posted.

One guy I can't figure how he gets away with what he does is the one who is holding up a lug nut and saying he is selling the lug nut but then his ad goes on to say "We sell lots of other parts, like the ones off of the car in the background." Obviously, he is beating Ebay out of the big sales , and they have to know about it, but he always has about 30 or more "lug nut" sales going at any given time. :confused:

Here is a typical ad he runs:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/lug-nut-195...Parts_Accessories&hash=item564a70bc19&vxp=mtr

Don

LOL. I have seen them. I am always like who would buy a lug nut for 99 cents and pay 6 bucks to ship it. But you might be right just a ploy. Get people to call him. :D

Great idea if its working for him[cl

Different e-bay

Hey fellows I know everybody is sick of E-bay and their bank pay-pal. A lot of people don't know about it yet but check out E-bay classifieds its just like craigslist. Free and you can ad pictures. You and the buyer or seller deal directly with each other. No pay-pal crap,no bs and I've had pretty good luck buying and selling there.check it out. www.local e-bay classifieds.com:cool: Knock on wood but haven't got the 1st scam-scum on it yet.

Latest posts

Back