Zero turn lawn mowers..

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peabody

Anyone have any suggestions?
I'm thinking i need to get a better lawn mower.
My old one is 16 years old.
I mow about 2 acres here in the yard.
There's so many brands of zero turn lawn mowers..
I've no clue, where to even start.

eXmark Lazer X Series
This is the one I have and it's a 72" cut and will mow at 12 miles an hour.
I really like this mower.
You've seen my place, I mow about 2 acres in about 20 to 25 minutes. I could do it in 15 If I didn't have to go around everything.
Scag Turf Tiger
Grasshopper
Top three mowers, in my opinion

Well here in my town.. I've found two brands. At the new holland dealer.
( where i have good standing )
Bad Boys and Hustler mowers..
Kolher or kawasaki motors.. 54 inch cutt.
I don't know.
The bad boy looks to be built tougher. ..

This was on my wifes facebook page ........

Said it wool start every time:rolleyes:

(Sorry Peabody couldn't resist :D I don't do facebook but when she showed me
this....well you know)

Not zero turn but here's my mower! [ddd

BoB

Attachments

• Ford8N.jpg
    Ford8N.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 8
Do the research on the motors. A lot of the engine makers have 2 or more lines with different quality and price points. Kohler's Courage series is built a lot cheaper than their Command series.

The one thing I don't like about zero turn mowers, is it's only usable as a mower. No attachments. But they really make mowing a breeze.

Hummmm..... all good points..
From reading the web...
The kawasaki motor seems to be pretty durable.
I've already went and looked at the two brands.
The bad boy's deck is much more heavily built.
And it has hydraulic deck lift.
Going to go and drive one tomorrows, if my company don't send me out.

If you can find a snapper pro or ferris dealer those are really top notch machines. Ferris has 4 wheel suspension too. Some kawasaki parts can be hard to find but they are great engines. I have driven lots of zero turns (I work on mowers for a living) and the nicest I've ever driven is a ferris. Lots of other machines will get the job done too but as was mentioned the command series by kohler is a cheaper line of engines. Same goes for the briggs and Stratton intek series.

Well ... dunno ???
I bought a hustler super duty, with the commercial kawasaki motor.
I hope it is a good one.
Man !!! Lawn mowers ain't cheap !!!!

I just added a water hose sprayer connection thing to the deck of my hustler and it seems to make life a lot easier when cleaning out wet grass and weeds from under the deck. I bought it from my local John Deere dealer for about $7.50....they come standard on the John Deere. You just drill a hole in the left outside top of the deck and clamp it on. Can't really explain it, but look at a John Deere mower sometime and you'll see what I mean...make's cleanup easier.

I just added a water hose sprayer connection thing to the deck of my hustler and it seems to make life a lot easier when cleaning out wet grass and weeds from under the deck. I bought it from my local John Deere dealer for about $7.50....they come standard on the John Deere. You just drill a hole in the left outside top of the deck and clamp it on. Can't really explain it, but look at a John Deere mower sometime and you'll see what I mean...make's cleanup easier.

Ok... I'll look at one. .
I was thinking, just use front end loader and chain..
Lift the whole front end up.. and wash it out ? [S

I had been using a loader but this is way easier. Just turn on the water hose, turn on the blades and wait for it wash itself. Wish I had a camera I'd post a picture.

Too late, I guess, but I was going to say that if you have hills to mow, a zero turn may be a disappointment, especially if there are trees at the bottom of the hill. We have a steep bank in our back yard, with a row of Firs all along the property border. If we get too far over the edge of the bank, the mower just makes a bee line for the trees. There is no way to turn it, either. I've thought of making some linkage to connect a foot operated steering mechanism to the swivel wheels in the front, thinking that that might help regain some control over it, but have just been mowing the bank with a push mower. Before the zero-turn we had a rear engine rider, and it did much better on the hill, but nothing beats a zero-turn for triming up under low trees, etc. You can just swing it in against the trunk, then swing it back out and advance a bit, then do it again.

Too late, I guess, but I was going to say that if you have hills to mow, a zero turn may be a disappointment, especially if there are trees at the bottom of the hill. We have a steep bank in our back yard, with a row of Firs all along the property border. If we get too far over the edge of the bank, the mower just makes a bee line for the trees. There is no way to turn it, either. I've thought of making some linkage to connect a foot operated steering mechanism to the swivel wheels in the front, thinking that that might help regain some control over it, but have just been mowing the bank with a push mower. Before the zero-turn we had a rear engine rider, and it did much better on the hill, but nothing beats a zero-turn for triming up under low trees, etc. You can just swing it in against the trunk, then swing it back out and advance a bit, then do it again.

My yard is approximately, ? Two acres..
Mostly flat..
Have one bank..that i can mow it square.
No side mowing.
Very interested in this thingy that you hook the water hose up too..
Washers itself. .. that be cool :cool:

Latest posts

Back