powerglide

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earthman

Fascinated by rolling objects!
Tempe AZ on the corner of Oak and Southern
Made it to the stoplight this morning in the roadster just fine but when the light turned green it wouldn't move forward. Had to back up two blocks to get home. Sure it was two quarts low but it backed up fine. :) It is a powerglide behind a '58 283. Added the two quarts and still no forward gears. Any ideas? Thanks Curt

Bummer E Man. Wonder if you had a pump failure? How often do you drive the roadster? Did you do a sniff test on the fluid [S

2 quarts low... probably killed it. :eek:

I am NOT a transmission guy by anybody's description, but I have killed a T350 and a powerglide... both still had reverse...

Welcome to the busted transmission club E man.:mad: Mine had reverse and no forward gears too. Trans shop wants $900 to build my AOD.:( Still cheaper than buying one from Jegs, Summit, Speedway and O'Reilly's. Maybe if we can get the country back at work, I can turn loose of my funds......saving them right now in case I have to live off of them.:rolleyes:

My condolences E Man. At least you didn't have to walk home.
That's just down right embarrassing when leave riding in style and come back wearing out you shoes.

Latest posts

Back