Another Interior Panel - Bomber Style

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gastrick

One of the Dirty Dozen!
Okay. Here's what I accomplished this weekend. I made this interior panel for the coupe. I had nothing but open space there before so I needed something and this is the result. Looks simple emough but there was 224 bucked rivets involved and 448 holes to be drilled and deburred. My brother came over and helped out or I would not have finished. There's still a lot to do on the interior but it's getting there.

BEFORE

AFTER

Holy Smokes, that is unbelievable looking. Makes me want to get back started working on mine no matter how bad my knee feels.

You Sir have the patience of Jobe. :D:D Man, that must have been some ordeal drilling each and every one of those holes. Really sets the interior off perfectly though, love it.

You guys were asking about bead rollers. We bought ours from ProTools and got three different sizes of dies with it. Super good unit, and if you get one I suggest you get a motorized one vs the manual. One man can run the motorized one, but you need a buddy to turn the crank on the other version.

Here is where we got ours............... www.pro-tools.com/m3_video.htm

The video is what convinced us to buy the motorized one. We also bought our tubing bender from them, nice people and great stuff.

Don

Gastrick,I have to say it.You got skills.That looks real nice.Must have been pretty time consuming.How long did take you just to do that piece?

Gastrick, How long did take you just to do that piece?

Well, most of the weekend but I'm pretty slow in general. Fitting the panel took a while. There's more curves in it than it looks like in the pic. I drug my brother into drilling holes or I'd probably still be fooling with it.

Latest posts

Back