Brake Lines, Flaring Tools Ect

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Couper

RRR Supportor
Hey Guys,

I could use some direction on running my brake lines. I'm planning on using Copper-Nickel Alloy Non-Magnetic Brake Line such as this kit...
ttps://www.amazon.com/4LIFETIMELINES-Copper-Nickel-Brake-Tubing-Fittings/dp/B07WRFCXLM/ref=d_wlr_sccl_1_1/145-4848826-4094804?pd_rd_w=dPH17&content-id=amzn1.sym.a98607ef-4467-44d1-9c48-d887e76fff94&pf_rd_p=a98607ef-4467-44d1-9c48-d887e76fff94&pf_rd_r=VK8HFX6VA8HKB1S86S5B&pd_rd_wg=x8D2P&pd_rd_r=65b2ce3a-9342-40e8-b5ca-50752ee07dd5&pd_rd_i=B07WRFCXLM&psc=1

Not sure if I should be using this type of flaring tool:
https://www.eastwood.com/profession...ickedid=639466471844&wickedsource=google&wv=4

Or one of these cheap jobs:
https://www.google.com/search?clien...331,iid:12720236097443842992,pvt:hg&oshop=apv

I don't mind spending the extra money if it's going to be easier / better job.

Also any direction on a proportioning valve? I have a frame mounted booster.

If there's anything else you think I need please let me know.

Do you guys run the lines, then paint the frame / lines? Or paint the frame then run the lines?

Thanks much!

I never could get the hang of using cheap flare tools like some of my buddies, so I bought that Eastwood unit & it works like a charm! Definitely takes the frustration out of running brake & gas lines! Be sure to lube the line before flaring, I just use WD-40 or penetrating oil!

I use this style of clamps (photo)!

BoB

Attachments

• 9F40AD91-B216-4CF1-BA4B-2EF5153B9290.jpeg
    9F40AD91-B216-4CF1-BA4B-2EF5153B9290.jpeg
    108.5 KB · Views: 11
P.S.: I'd been wanting to buy the tool & right before I was fixing to pull the trigger they put it on sale... BINGO!

BoB

I just bought a VEVOR hydraulic flaring tool and for the $199. Canadian it was a great investment, works like a charm. I used the same tubing kits and it is really nice to work with. Like Tripper I use p clamps to hold the lines.

I have the simple flaring tool but can't do the double flare. Your second link on the clips is good but Trippers are just as good and maybe more reasonably priced. I mounted my proportioning valve on the frame right below and in front of drivers seat with an access panel in the floor. I've only adjusted it one time since install and that was when I went from drum brakes all around to front disc brakes.

I have the Eastwood bench flare also and love it.
Don't bother with the cheap units, unless you like being aggravated.
I purchased an on vehicle tool years ago that was priced like the bench tool, that operates very well and still does. You should have both to make life easier.
I'll see if I can locate one online and post the link.
I also use the P-clips and install the lines after painting.

Thanks guys....appreciate all the input. I will go with the Vevor or Eastwood.
I would like to see the "on car" unit if you can find a link OI. I was wondering about that, you get a line all bent up then you have to take it out to the bench.

I'm not ready to paint the frame yet but want to make up the lines, locate and drill / tap for the P clips and remove to store in a safe place to keep the project moving some.

I'll have to wait until after the next shoulder heals to paint the frame.

Smallfoot....you mentioned adjusting the valve. I'm looking on the speedway site and I see adjustable and non adjustable, but the ones that say are adjustable look like an add on valve not a complete proportioning valve? I'm I looking at the right stuff?

I also have the Eastwood flaring tool. Amazing!!!! Never liked those cheap ones. My last one got an air born rejection from the shop a few years back. Don't regret spending the money on a good one!!

Vevor or Eastwood

I've always liked Eastwood products but i see the VEVOR comes with the 37 degree dies and with Eastwood you have to buy an extra set for 90.00.

Do I need that 37 degree die set?

Thanks again

Latest posts

Back