Cholesterol down 40 points! O/T... sorry!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Sorry about this O/T but I thought this was worth posting for old cats like me that grew up on burgers & fries!!! :eek:

Cholesterol update: Down 40 points!!! 6 months ago I did my yearly blood work & my cholesterol was getting pretty high so instead of taking drugs I decided to change my diet. For 6 months I had either grits or oatmeal for breakfast & had tuna fish for lunch a LOT! Just had cholesterol checked again last week & my bad cholesterol was down 40 points! Damn... lowest it's been in over 10 years! And yes... I had grits for breaky this morning!!! Always loved grits & oatmeal anyway & they're cheap too!!! :eek:[ddd:D

BoB

Very Nice [cl
Looks like we're just gonna have to put up with ya a little longer now [ddev
Just got my blood work done yesterday so we'll see bout mine :)

Jim

Very good, Bob. [cl I've been eating Cheerios with a banana on it for a while now and my blood pressure is down to about 113 over 70. Not sure what my cholesterol is, haven't had it checked for a while, but I bet it is down too.

Keep it up Tripper, the forum would be pretty lonely without you here. :)

Don

I like listening to talk radio. Heard the benefits of cayenne pepper and garlic. Bought cayenne pepper with garlic gelcaps at the local health store. Your body can expel 100 milligrams of cholesterol a day. The cayenne pepper dilates the blood vessels, garlic breaks up cholesterol and flushes it away. After taking those gelcaps for 4 months, my cholesterol count dropped 30 points.

You heard about taking aspirin for a heart attack? Cayenne pepper works quicker to get the blood flowing around a blockage.

The best thing I've done is hitting the gym 5 days a week. 20 mins of cardio then 2 hours of weight lifting and 20 mins of cardio to finish.

What good are grits and oatmeal without gobs of butter and brown sugar,lol. Good for you, we have the ability to change a lot of things that doctors would rather medicate. My sister got off high blood pressure medicine just by going gluten free.

I've had serious swelling in my back and joints for the last year. Quit drinking any alcohol and pop two weeks ago and am now finally feeling fine again. I was drinking about a 6 pack+ a day, every day for several years. And 2-3 20oz pops a day for since I can remember.

Wonder if Cayenne Powder is just as good as peppers? I love that stuff on chicken[dr! Of course the chicken`s not skinless so probably canceling one out with the other.;)

Great Job, Bob !!!![cl[cl[cl[cl[cl
As we get more experienced, we gotta do things a bit different to stay around.

btw,,,, isn't the BS Lounge a place where NOTHING is O/T ???? :confused:

and this bit of info is a help to us all. Again,, keep it up, Bob. We need you around to keep us all in line. :D:D:D

Nice job Tripper! Glad to see you didn't get sucked into to the big pharma tread mill, a very slippery slope to say the least.

Keep up the good work, you will be glad you did, and so will we.

I've had serious swelling in my back and joints for the last year. Quit drinking any alcohol and pop two weeks ago and am now finally feeling fine again. I was drinking about a 6 pack+ a day, every day for several years. And 2-3 20oz pops a day for since I can remember.
Yea that pop's a killer for sure, specially with a hot dog [ddev

Jim

Yea that pop's a killer for sure, specially with a hot dog [ddev

Jim

Update: I've started a non-government funded study of the effects of soda pop, liquor, beer, and coffee on my joint pains. This week I'm studying the effects of beer. So far no real problems, but more testing is needed. :p

My doctor told me change the way I eat, but I changed doctors instead.
He also told me my cholesterol, was low, so started adding bacon to my hamburgers.:D

My congrats to you Tripper....very hard to get the level down, at least for me it is!!!:eek:
I'm always in a rush and whenever I pass a McDonalds the urge to stop completely overwhelms me and I cave in......McChicken and a sweet tea!:D I may follow Boneheads advice....make me feel better anyway.....

Latest posts

Back