Ever feel like calling it quits for a while with every type rod or project???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jalopy's

what do you call that class of cars,never seen them before

when dad raced they were called jalopy class, that was from the 50's to mid 70's when the rule were changed. the cars used were 1948 to 1955. the class was phased out in the mid 70's.

the class was reborn using the name vintage modifids, not sure when, mid
90's l think.

Later

This is what I used to do....see pic, did it for years, absolutely loved it, Lived for it, breathed it, was successful for a part time racer, got out of it one meeting, sold it a week later......
Reason, I dont know, I had been having mental episodes (serious...not joking) and woke up that morning of the meeting feeling really weird. By end of meet I hated the sight of it, my brother still races a car similar to this and I cant even talk about them anymore. I still see them as evil and a waste of time and money..:confused:
This is what we in New Zealand call a stock car, its designed for full contact, 248cube engine limit, handbuilt chassis, average price for a decent one cost you about 20grand, I built that one for 5grand

I feel your pain (or is that my arthritus?)

I remember when I was a young man I would work on a project till 2 in the morning 7 days a week, now after an hour or two I'm ready to call it a day so this project is taking forever. However they say for every hour of planning it save three hours in labor and correcting mistakes so maybe I'm saving a year in build time. When I built my Cobra back in '99 I got real depressed when it was 95% finished and I hadn't started it up yet. I felt that it was never gonna work and would have a lot of problems. As it worked out when I did start it up it only took two days to work out any issues and it drove like a Go-Kart. Hope the same happens with this truck.

Latest posts

Back