intake

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aluminum? I'm no expert on this but if I was building one I would make the flanges 1/2" and wouldn't use anything less than .125 for the runners and plenum.

Years ago they used to sell a U Fab intake setup that consisted of some two flanges to match the mounting surface, and some round tubes that had holesaw holes in them for other tubes to slip into, and then some flanges that matched the base of the carbs being used. You had to weld them up and make them fit. I wonder how many actually ever worked without leaks and problems?

My Cousin built a 2 x 4 intake for an Olds out of a stock four barrel intake, and he welded the front carb plate on crooked. LOL
Don

3/8" on the flanges and 1/8" on the runners.
intake-1-1-1.jpg

It lets the venturi be aligned more closely over the port..At least thats my understanding of it..

+1. Yup. thats the reason. straighter shot into the port. I will have to dig through my info and see if I still have the web site that sold all of the universal aluminum pieces to make your own intake.

I found it. look here for fuel injector rails, aluminum intake parts, flanges etc. Good people to work with as well.

http://rossmachineracing.com/

wow. Ole Skool from MD, and already another member, Ol skool, also from MD. Related? I guess not, since Ol skool can build stuff I cant even think of. Danny boy, you there?

not me sorry dude,ive alway liked the older stuff,ive owned sum camaros an chevelles but im buildin a t bucket from ground up,no kit built my own frame an body,an now im designin a frame for a rat rod

Latest posts

Back