New meat...not old 1979 olds 98 regency

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aw hell yeah that's sweet. Im not broke... Im broke dammit

IDK. I'm out cleaning the garage some more and getting some other engines broke down and set aside. I need my stand. I'm doing a 4.6 to 4.6 swap on my 2,000 f150. i was gonna try to make some stuff pretty and do some proactive parts replacement but instead i'm simply replaceing one mill with the other AND whatever goes bad later i'll deal with it later.

I picked up a 2000 4.6 with 50k miles and tranny for $600
gonna wire my manifolds aside drop the starter wires intact to keep the computer powered up
have to swap over my water pump, ac pump ps pump, motor mounts?, intake, valve covers, and oil pan...

I have a new timing set and oil pump I was going to fix my 191k mile engine with but instead am putting it all in the 50k mile engine if anythign is not up to snuff.
if there's no wear I'm leaving it alone
I'm going to reuse th emanifold and exhaust gaskets if they look good. maybe a light schmeer of silicon

going cheap as I can need to have it runnign by next week.

Yeah buddy. I'm waiting a little longer before I tear into this.
I found out at least that both engines are romeo 4.6's which means that I can swap the timing covers. the car had 6 rib belts and I need to use the truck's 8 rib acessories and tensioners...

The intake is another issue as 2000 was th eyear they were supposed to have rolled out the PI heads but in actuality it wasnt across the board until 2001 2002. So the 2000 crown vic engine.... NPI heads
I can't tell by looking if my truck has NPI or PI heads until I get the intake off.

Only ford could make an engine in 10,000 configurations that only look the same XD

But in the event my truck had the PI heads were only talking 220 hp vs 240 hp difference and I am supposed to be able to use the PI heads with the bigger runners on the NPI heads using the PI intake gaskets.
Both the PI and NPI hads use the same valve size and th eport mismatch isn't supposed to have as much impact in a dry flow situation.
We will see

I sent the olds diesel car down the road last fall to help justify the adoption of a new project- 1957 ford 300
haven’t touched it yet I'm working on something else but I did liquidate 2 to add one.

57coming home.jpg

Latest posts

Back