On FB

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After perusing all the other ads listed on that page from the NY and NJ area, I'd say there are no deals to be had in that area at all!:rolleyes:

That’s why my car has a 302 in it! Insane!:eek:

I don`t know the story on that engine. I don`t use fb so I can only see the picture.
What does it cost to have one of those rebuild? And you would need a core... If I were in the market for one of those, and funds were no issue, I would consider that one ( depending on the condition ofcourse..)

No way I`d spend that on a Ford motor tho.... :eek: I`d put down another 15K and get me a proper 426... :D

Dutch, the V12 Lincoln motors are pretty rare. Based on the Ford flathead engine design with 4 extra cylinders attached, they weren’t very good engines when new. They had a tendency to overheat and crack the blocks, even worse than the flathead Ford. Although they were huge, they had tiny pistons and the largest one was only a 305 cu in. Most of them never made it to 50,000 miles. A lot of them were replaced with flathead Ford V8’s until the OHV engines came out, then Caddy and Olds engines were often swapped in. There are a few of the V12’s that have survived in well kept or restored cars, and they turn up also every so often in old barns and shops. They are sweet sounding engines when in good shape, there is a guy close to here has one in a homemade roadster pickup. Parts are hard to find as well, some Ford stuff swaps over, but not all.

Dutch, the V12 Lincoln motors are pretty rare. Based on the Ford flathead engine design with 4 extra cylinders attached, they weren’t very good engines when new. They had a tendency to overheat and crack the blocks, even worse than the flathead Ford. Although they were huge, they had tiny pistons and the largest one was only a 305 cu in. Most of them never made it to 50,000 miles. A lot of them were replaced with flathead Ford V8’s until the OHV engines came out, then Caddy and Olds engines were often swapped in. There are a few of the V12’s that have survived in well kept or restored cars, and they turn up also every so often in old barns and shops. They are sweet sounding engines when in good shape, there is a guy close to here has one in a homemade roadster pickup. Parts are hard to find as well, some Ford stuff swaps over, but not all.

thanks Bama. Sounds like a great livingroom engine. They look beautiful...
I guess if you have a high end classic Zephyr to restore, you need one so there will always be a market for expensive stuff like this.

thanks Bama. Sounds like a great livingroom engine. They look beautiful...
I guess if you have a high end classic Zephyr to restore, you need one so there will always be a market for expensive stuff like this.

Definitely a cool looking motor if you weren't looking for the "race" look.

Reminds me some of Bruno's straight 8

Thanks for the edumacation Bam! It does look cool

There have been a few speed parts made over the years, a multi carb intake, tube headers, maybe some other stuff. There is a pic floating around of a modern build of one with aluminum heads. Don’t remember the dollar amount, but it way pretty pricey!

Latest posts

Back