quick and dirty

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok, got the cab on the chassis...no really,I mean its just sitting on the chassis. Got that done last week before the weekend as I wanted, but life is getting in the way momentarly. I'll get back to it pretty "quick".

Attachments

• 48mounted.jpg
    48mounted.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 46
got the cab moved foward today and "placed" the front clip on. The front clip is sitting on the frame rails currently so that will have to be solved(gives it that "nose up" look right now.Maybe I can sneak some time in on it in the morning

Attachments

• 48frontend.jpg
    48frontend.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 29
snagged this pic when at oldskool's place today--hope he doesnt mind me posting it:eek:

cab blocked up and in position for cab mount locations;)

i sure like the way this thing is looking...[dr

Attachments

• project 68 004.jpg
    project 68 004.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 44
I'M hoping to be able to sneak out with the welder in the morning and get some welding done before i get busy

It's been a little while since I last posted something on this shop truck. I have been busy(if your shop is a little slow, start working on your stuff and see what happens!!!). Anyhow I did manage to get the steering column mounted and the pedal assembly from the donor(I managed to keep the power brakes and power steerring...the steering column almost looks factory! kinda proud of that one;)). So tonite I got to sneak in a few minutes before closing the shop and got the old 300 six fired up!! Super excited about that....no smoke and no knocks! It was like on those "reality" shows were they turn the key and it fires up first try, That dont happen for me often!, it kinda scared me!:D

I know....where's the pics?!! I forgot..Also in the pics is one of my tall boy shifter I spliced together, they aint for everyone...but I think they are too cool.

Attachments

• 100_7436.jpg
    100_7436.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 100_7437.jpg
    100_7437.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 100_7438.jpg
    100_7438.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 100_7439.jpg
    100_7439.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 100_7440.jpg
    100_7440.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 34
Been awhile since I have updated this thread.....been a awhile since I was able to done much to the '48. I have installed a speedway wireharness,and fuel tank/lines since my last post. Today Myself and HRP got the cab mounts welded and a new heater core installed(blower motor still works..so why not have a heater?). It's a fine day when your build can fire up from the cab and you can move it in and out of the shop under it's own power. The next time I get to work on it the front clip will be going back on (with the working factory horn!) :D

Latest posts

Back