Endless BS thread

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now thats just cool, 1 ton axles to boot. I've never seen a car 4x4 conversion i actually like till this one right here.

The "Hillbilly's F-5 ratrod rollback" thread is a go.

I dug out a bunch of old hot rod magazines to go through with my son. Do you guys have stacks of old magazines? It is alot of fun to look through the old ones. I think the ads are great. Prices are so cheap.

believe it or not, my brother has some old mags (car mags that is) from way back-i mean WAY back in the day when dad was a hot-rodding.....like from the early/mid 60's one or 2 might be 59 even- lots of cool cars and the prices of stuff is amazing...but then labor was cheap too i guess?!

2dufQCbaHEjYsmGhE4.gif

maybe this will help ya out rb1

you MAY have been in the shop too long when......

you have the radio station playlist memorized....

you go in to make a sandwich and the grit/grime/grease on your hands doesn't bother you.....or get washed off....

you go in to make a sandwich and you use a slotted screwdriver to spread the mayo.......

you may have been in the shop too long if you go in the house and the family doesn't recognize you!

you have def. been in the shop too long when the wifey brings you a sleeping bag b/c she's HAD IT with sharing her husband with that rustbucket....

well just a few to concern yourself with now go out in that shop and remember-time can&will get away from you.......:D

Ya ever notice how we all complain about the gas prices, but then we get in our toys and fill it up with premium octane and never even look at the price?

Met a guy at a cruise lastnight. He told me a saying from back when he was in the service. BiFFI, stands for Brute Force and F'in Ignorance.

You know Im alays going in to eat and I never thing twice about washing my hands.

And I hear ya on the gas prices. They sure do suck, but I put premium in my bike without even noticing the price. But hten I really only take it out when I need my speed fix!

140, 150, 160, stupid cars!

perfect spot for this story...

so as a kid dad told about the time when the gas station owner needed a motor for his old ford truck. Dad bought a beat up 47 ford truck and pulled the flathead, putting it in for the gas station owner and "clearing the rest of the truck as left overs" so with time on his hands and a 283 powerpack chevy v-8 3 spd in the shop he put the 2 together- wah-lah a 47 ford w/ chevy power..... the thing would need more traction so he cut the rim off the ford truck (16") wheels and cut the center out of some oldsmobile 14" wheels and welded the 2 together-now we have 4 14" ford truck wheels and wider tires! couple that w/4 std trans flywheels welded under the frame rear of the rear axle and he had a bonafied hotrod....now all my childhood-preteen years and even later i heard of dad's old ford jalopy that would yank daylight under the front wheels....and I wanted to dupicate this truck to some extent...

fast forward a few years..now i was married, 1st kid on the way, and i found the start of my 47 ford truck...my dad and father-in-law both help me get the basket case home, and the father-in-law discovered that this particular basket case used to belong to his grandpa!...ok he's wanting to make a charitable donation;) (it needed many parts) so we head out to a junk yard where the only other 46/47 ford truck in the country is-which happened to be a long bed 3/4 ton (why i hadn't started w/it) so after arriving at the old junkyard, i started looking at the body, rubbing on the fenders, then the doors-which is when i find an old texaco star...yep that particular old ford truck used to belong to the guy down the road who had the gas station years ago!!!-remember, the one dad put a motor in for, which STARTED this whole ramble....we talked to the guy and he sold us the truck-and delivered it the next day..well there's bs and then theres true bs this falls into the latter catagory, as the story of how we wound up with a 46 ford truck named after the guy who run the texaco station, whose nickname was "chigger"-that got shortened to chig- which was carved on the steering wheel of his truck!
028.jpg

used the cab, front cap, and doors off of the texaco truck...to make mine

ratrodbuild002.jpg

now you have a very lengthy b.s. post---enjoy.....

I was driving the Mustang this morning and the plastic radiator fan shroud came apart. Didn't hurt anything just a bunch of noise as pieces went through the fan. So I bought a new repro shoud and new aluminum high performance radiator. :D

Have any of you guys done things like that before? :confused: My oil was dirty so I put in a new crate engine type of deal! ;)

back when i was doing bodywork for a living, which included wrecked rebuilders, the joke was i'd try to sell my truck/car before the next oil change:D or at least before it needed tires

sorry to hear of the bad luck there dmw.....

Latest posts

Back