Endless BS thread

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have had it pretty good this year. I think the weather patterns are changing a little. As far as global warming is going, I understand the over all temeratures have been on average higher in the past 5 years or so. But I think since the ice age, we have been warming up slowly.

i think arkies have had it good - in july anyway- mild temps plenty of rain..just nice weather really....aug has started off warmer though

heads up dmw-the "politically correct" now call it global "climate change" instead of "warming" b/c some places are actually experiencing cooling:D

my contribution to BS

a little more bs

did you know that 5 out of 4 people have problems w/ fractions?

did you know that corduroy(spelling?) pillows are making headlines?

did you know that the government is right no matter how wrong they are?

did you know that when you get 2 baptists together you will probably get 3 different theologies?;) i can laugh at myself too can't i?

i have discovered that my opinions are right 97% of the time and that the other 4% of the time it really doesn't matter!:p
(maybe i have problems with percentages as well)

i have found that the importance of whatever is on tv/phone/computer is directly proportional to the volume of noise in the house...

well the noise is getting louder so........c ya:cool:

Last edited:
That's a lot better than fluids pouring out of you! :eek:

Oh there was some of that too. I didnt even realize that i was bleeding as bad as I was until I got to work. Funny thing about it all was that i had to run around and look for my phone, call work to tell them I was gonna be late. Push the bike home, change, and drive to work. I think it was the changing part that really separated my skin from my clothes.

i think arkies have had it good - in july anyway- mild temps plenty of rain..just nice weather really....aug has started off warmer though

heads up dmw-the "politically correct" now call it global "climate change" instead of "warming" b/c some places are actually experiencing cooling:D

my contribution to BS

Thats true. This has been one of the coolest summers I can remember

I was at a cruise in monday night with my rat rod. Kinda got an uneasy feeling because it was held at Tucci Engineering(top 5 in the nation for street rods) I was surrounded by the bling bling, cookie cutter, chrome IFS rack & pinion croud. I was invited by the owner though, so it all worked out.

I was talking to a guy with a roadster, all chromed out w/4 rochesters ontop a SBC. He had some WWW radials on it that i KNEW had been cut on a white wall machine. I asked him who cut his tires down, he had no clue what i was talking about. Then i asked him how hard it was to keep his carbs tuned. Heres where it got interesting....He said last year was his first year owning it, and he had a heck of a time keeping the carbs working togeather. He claims he had to change his oil every 500 miles. Then over the winter he took it to Tucci's and they drilled out the carbs and made the whole system fuel injected. I thought that was pretty cool.

Then somehow we got to talking about "traditional" cars and "rat" rods. He tells me that he knows of a website thats LOADED with rat rods.....

Can you guess what site he was talking about?
Thats right......... it was the H.A.M.B.

Hahahahaaha............ if word got out to some of the HAMB guys that he called their cars rats they would put out a contract on him. :D:D That's REALLY funny.

I love it when you meet someone with a cool car and they know ZERO about it. You ask them some question and you get the deer in the headlights look. Guess they have to take it to the Lexus dealer when something goes wrong. :D

Don

I love it when you meet someone with a cool car and they know ZERO about it.

There was a show in town here over the weekend (I didnt know about it so didnt have a camera with me), I got talking to a guy who had a really nice '50 Merc. He had some neat stuff done, metal work/flame accents here and there and a few things. Couldn't tell me how they were done, just that his body guy did it all, and then offered me a card of the guy he had to the body and paint.

I about fell off of my chair laughing. The H.A.M.B., Rat rods. I made that mistake once on their site. I thought I was gonna get eatin alive

I dug out a bunch of old hot rod magazines to go through with my son. Do you guys have stacks of old magazines? It is alot of fun to look through the old ones. I think the ads are great. Prices are so cheap.

Yes I believe RRR is the anit H.A.M.B. lol

I have a ton of old magazines. I like to look at them every once in a while to get new ideas, or to stir up old ones that I had once!

stay tuned for the new "Hillbilly's F-5 ratrod rollback" thread. I just gotta sharpen up my chainsaw and get something with a front end loader to get it home....

The first suv? It's Russian

4.jpg

3.jpg

Latest posts

Back