39 Ford PU Moonshine Bandit AKA. (Booze Bandit)

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
39 ford (booze runner)

Last nite got into the shop, whipped out the old hot tourch and cut out some right side shock mounts done a little grind took them over to the drill press drilled some holes. This is what I came out with.. cut them out of 3/8 plate steel they should be good and strong.

Attachments

• IMAG0468.jpg
    IMAG0468.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 54
  • IMAG0469.jpg
    IMAG0469.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 47
  • IMAG0470.jpg
    IMAG0470.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 48
Very nice & plenty strong. Did you make the plates the upper A arms are bolted to? They look a half inch thick.

39 ford pu AKA . Booze Runner

Thank you for noticing Bob W. Yes I cut it out from an old pattern from one of my race car builds. It is 1/2 in. I'm going to use the shock towers to help brace the upper control arm mount it will be good and braced... Thanks Skull and all the others for compliments... Have a nice day looks like I will get to go home from work today because of the snow storm rolling thru and work on the ole 39 PU ... My line of work construction this helps me out ... Let it snow , being the upper management I still get paid [cl .. Off to the shop and do some fab work I will have pic later. Have a great day fello RRR members ...[;) [S

39 Ford PU Moonshine Bandit ( AKA. Booze Runner )

IMAG0471.jpg

IMAG0474.jpg

IMAG0472.jpg

IMAG0475.jpg

IMAG0479.jpg

IMAG0480.jpgI've been hard at it ... Took advantage of the ole winter day... I put around 10 hrs straight building shock brackets , upper a ARM for left side and upper control ARM bracket... I had to finish left side frame before I could tack weld shock and upper mounts... I have several pics to post... Everything went very well today I felt I made good progress at least its setting on all 4's ... I'm ready to get inside the cab and build the floor ... Thanks for following my build hope u all like what I have going on... [;). [cl

39 Ford pu aka. booze runner

Thanks old iron for your commit.... Right now I'm mocking the coil overs with 600 lb. springs... Not for sure if that's what I will go with it seems to hold it up fine.... I'm going to post a few more pics with it setting on all 4's thanks for looking.... [cl [S

Attachments

• IMAG0483.jpg
    IMAG0483.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 71
  • IMAG0484.jpg
    IMAG0484.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 64

l like that front end, ,,are the coilovers adjustable?

l have QA1 coilover adjustable shocks on all 4 corners of the 30somthing dodge sedan and l love 'em:D

Later :cool:

shocks

Thanks Skull , yes the coil overs are adjustable, and they are Q A 1 shocks are adjustable to I got them from speedway motors I plan on putting the same shock on rear also thanks for your input...

Thank you ( Neverdone ant Tattooed Freak ) its really taken a lot of time to build this frontend but I feel it will be the part that stands this truck out from others... I'm still not done yet but the hard part is over now ... I will be out in the shop again today... Put the steering box and drag links on today maybe start the rear section. You all have a great day...

39 ford pu (aka. Booze Runner )

Hello there RRR , I worked on Booze Runner some this weekend , mainly worked on our Pro Stock dirt car trying to get it ready to race.... I did cut off the back section of the 39... I'm going to rebuild it the front turned out super nice and the back section needed some help... Really it didnt but thats where I'm never satisfied untill I'm satisfied... I dont know if that makes any sense but thats just me.... [S ....
I did find on ebay a nicer grill and purchased it , bought a lower grill sheet metal for the grill , also bought a couple of 32 ford 10 in. crome headlights with the ford emblem .... I will have some pics for you in the next couple days....[P

39 Ford Rat Rod ( AKA Booze Runner )

Well I'm back sorry RRR readers I haven't been able to work on my blog lately , I have been working 13 to 14 hrs a day 7 days a week ... But when the snow and rain was coming down I worked pretty hard on the Booze Runner... I redone the rear section not finished with it yet , but also started the floor frame in the cab .. I mentioned I bought a pair of 10 in. head lights I think they came off an 34 fork pu or car not for sure they have been up dated to 12 volt lights .... Must have been some kind of kit because the light are smaller than the 10 in. bucket but they are still awesome , I like the ford logo thats stamped in them... I also got a 38 ford grill that has chrome trim V/8 ford logo... Its going to look bad ass... Can I say that...:eek: I went down in the back pasture and pulled the cover off an old pontiac TA rear end and its got a 373 posi in it well gues what its going in the old truck ...[dr I'm going to pull it out this weekend if its not raining or I'm working.... Every one go build an ole rusty pc.

Guys haveing problems down loading pics....
Sorry guys this all I have at this time....

Attachments

• Floor frame.jpg
    Floor frame.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMAG0489.jpg
    IMAG0489.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMAG0490.jpg
    IMAG0490.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 32

Latest posts

Back