New family cruiser

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigIrish

Just got this '62 Fairlane today, pretty excited about it. It's not quite a rat, but a solid driver. Garage paint job that is good enough for me, very little rust, nice running 289 out of a 67 Galaxie that was supposedly rebuilt at some point and C4. Good brakes, which will be upgraded.

Soo...the plans are:
1. seat belts.
2. Ditch the diabolical B&M rachet shifter. Anyone wants if for free, PM me.
3. 2 inch drop spindles and disk brakes up front, modern master cylinder
4. new interior in red/antique white. Currently a mix of original and junkyard front buckets
5. Air conditioning, an absoute must down here

At some point I'll ditch the Ford Ranger wheels too, but Rome wasn't built in a day.

Attachments

• Fairlane 1.jpg
    Fairlane 1.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 66
  • Fairlane 2.jpg
    Fairlane 2.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 50
  • Fairlane 3.jpg
    Fairlane 3.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 50
  • Fairlane 4.jpg
    Fairlane 4.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 47
  • Fairlane 5.jpg
    Fairlane 5.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 50
  • Fairlane 6.jpg
    Fairlane 6.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 32
Man, that thing is NICE ! [cl I worked at a Ford Dealership in 63 when the V8 Fairlanes were starting to come out and they were a blast to drive. Good styling and lots of power.

Good score.

Don

After Irish told me he got this car home today... I had to go over & ck it out. It's very kool & sounds awesome!!! Super catch Irish!!! [cl

BoB

They were great cars, yours is super clean. My first wife had a '63 Fairlane wagon in college. 260 with a 2 speed. That first summer, I helped her Dad put in a HP 289 and a C4. The car also had factory A/C. In '72 she bought a new Pinto, the trade-in on the Fairlane? $150........

Yep... I had to take a couple shots!

BoB

Attachments

• Irish.jpg
    Irish.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Irish2.jpg
    Irish2.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 8

Latest posts

Back