1926 Dodge Brothers

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The kits I’ve seen are for 55’ and newer, mine is a 54’, so best I can tell there are a lot more parts to make the conversion work on mine. Going through their website I totaled up about $400.00 just to convert it over, (the kit for a 55’ 331 is only around $50.00) may still have to do it, but I’m really hoping not to.

Crazy thing about the conversions being for 55’ and newer, you can still get rebuilt factory Hemi pumps for those! Just can’t get them anymore for the older ones. [S

Found a local guy last night with a lot of old Mopar stuff, has over 200 60’s and 70’s complete cars! He had a shed we went into, had more than 20 old Hemi’s in it and he has other sheds as well. Anyway, we found a 440 pump and they are quite a bit smaller, both the bolt pattern and pilot. However, I may get one and design an adapter to mount it to the Hemi. The only down side I see may be the depth of the fins, they may not reach deep enough to pump very well. Still, I’m going to look into it some more and see what I come up with.

It is looking GREAT!!!

Good luck with the water pump....

I'm getting ready to jump back on mine tomorrow... I bought a new shop (across the street), so I've been spending a lot of time cleaning it out and fixing stuff. It was a chevy dealership in the 20's and 30's, then a service station after that. Damn cool place!

It is looking GREAT!!!

Good luck with the water pump....

I'm getting ready to jump back on mine tomorrow... I bought a new shop (across the street), so I've been spending a lot of time cleaning it out and fixing stuff. It was a chevy dealership in the 20's and 30's, then a service station after that. Damn cool place!

Thanks, got the pump back from the rebuilder yesterday, looks great. Wish I had known they were there before I tore into the last one, but now I know.

Shop sounds AWESOME! [cl[cl I’ve been wanting to get something like that as well. Congratulations getting it and I’m looking forward to seeing some pictures.

Just have a small update.
We got the water pump rebuilt, installed and it works great. :D
Also found a spare original pump, we’ll get it rebuilt as well so we have it if we need it.

Had some issues getting the carb to work properly, ended up taking it apart to find debris throughout. So the carb got a cleaning and reassembly.

Yesterday my son got some more graphics added as well.

Just waiting on a couple more items to get it legal and we can really drive it.

Attachments

• IMAG0063s.jpg
    IMAG0063s.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 72
  • IMAG0064s.jpg
    IMAG0064s.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 69
Got some laser parts for the shifter yesterday. :)

We cut finger grips into the bar where we think we’ll be grabbing it to shift.
Added the threads to the handle for the knob last night.
Hope to get the mounting and locking mechanism done this weekend.

Attachments

• IMAG0069s.jpg
    IMAG0069s.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMAG0070s.jpg
    IMAG0070s.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 34
  • IMAG0071s.jpg
    IMAG0071s.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 32
Drove the Dodge to a cruise in Saturday night :D:D:D

It was great to get it out and see people’s reactions to it.
Out of the 35-40 cars there, ours was the one that had a constant group of people around it. Sure, they may have been thinking WTF, but it was getting a lot of attention.

Sorry, I didn’t even think about getting pictures, guess I was too caught up in it being there. :eek:

rearend question

first off wow incredible,i have a 25 dodge bros and its my first time im confused on alot of stuff but im not gonna give up what rearend did u use and what were inches from back of the drum to the back of the drum i really appreciate ur advice i hope ur willing to lend your knowledge god know you have alot of it thanks

first off wow incredible,i have a 25 dodge bros and its my first time im confused on alot of stuff but im not gonna give up what rearend did u use and what were inches from back of the drum to the back of the drum i really appreciate ur advice i hope ur willing to lend your knowledge god know you have alot of it thanks

Thanks, I may know quite a bit more now than when I started mine, but I still have a long way to go to really know anything.
This was my first build and I’m very glad I stuck with it and really appreciated the help this site provided.

I’ll check what our dimension is from backing plate to backing plate (my son and I have two different dimensions we think it is), but I would go a little longer if I had to do it again.
We ended up replacing our studs with longer ones and adding wheel spacers.
The rear end that we used is a Ford 9” from a 78’ Bronco.

I’ll try to help out any way I can, but this site certainly has a lot of better builders than me. You’ll have all the help you need here; just post lots of pictures and questions on your build as you go.

Few updates, mainly the front end mods and wheel/tire change as noted in the tech. thread.
Eventually we’ll get white walls back on, but these will do for now.

I made some door handle assemblies that work quite well. The handles themselves are a section of 6” x 6” x ¼” wall steel tubing which gave me the shape I was looking for.

Also we got the shifter in and just need to make some kind of detent assembly to complete it.

Attachments

• IMAG0087s.jpg
    IMAG0087s.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 64
  • IMAG0088s.jpg
    IMAG0088s.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 63
  • IMAG0089s.jpg
    IMAG0089s.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 102
  • IMAG0090s.jpg
    IMAG0090s.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 76
  • IMAG0092s.jpg
    IMAG0092s.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 75
  • IMAG0094s.jpg
    IMAG0094s.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 74
  • IMAG0104s.jpg
    IMAG0104s.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 86
  • IMAG0103s.jpg
    IMAG0103s.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 66
  • IMAG0102s.jpg
    IMAG0102s.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 58
man.. your interior really turned out great! The dash and the door panels are awesome

That is a cool idea, how did you come across tiles?

One of the members here had them; the building was on his property. We went out to buy a grill shell from him and my son saw the tiles. He told me as soon as he saw them that he wanted to skin the interior with them. So when we got to that point we went back out and bought the tiles.

Latest posts

Back