1926 Hudson pickup build!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the House roof done and tryin' to get back to the "roofless" (good name btw)Hudson. Ordered my Trans adapter last week from Buffalo Enterprises in Arlington, WA. As soon as I get it I'll be bolting up the GMC and building my mounts. Once I get that in I'll have to get a video posted of it running. It sounds sweet. Think i'm gonna run a '65 Mustang radiator. Still havent figured out the steering, but I've got a mustang box that may work.

Thanks. I'm planning on building my own air managment system too. I just have to figure out where to mount all the components. That has to wait until I come up with a bed. I may have to just make a new one.

Progress

Did a little work on the door today...
2011-12-05142422.jpg

2011-12-05142440.jpg

... added the support pieces for the front bag mounts...
2011-12-05174923.jpg

2011-12-05174916.jpg

... and tacked up the engine mounts.
2011-12-05174850.jpg

A little at a time.

Well after the Christmas and 50#s of food I ate, I finally got back out in the shop.

My front disk brake kit from Speedway showed up, but I have to have the new bushings installed in my spindles before I bolt them on the rig. Think I will paint all the brakets etc before I get to far there.

I recieved my Tranny adapter from Steve over @ Buffalo Ent. for my GMC 302 I6 and got everything but the converter bolted up last night. (TH700R4 --> 302 GMC) :cool:
Great piece, great instructions. Everything went together perfectly. Got the hi torque starter w/lifetime garentee @ Oriley's for $46. Core would have been another $15 but I had afew dozen defunct chevy starters laying around.:D

2011-12-21154031.jpg

2011-12-28163540.jpg

Now its time to install the whole shootin match...

...Crap, gotta pull the body back off to do that.

Oh well, wasn't doing anything else today anyway!
[;)

More pics to come,
Caddad65

Hudson box

First off, I love what your building, especially that 302. BEAUTIFUL[dr
I read earlier that you are looking for a Hudson box. Well, it just so happens, the group of guys across from our both at the Portland PIR/Expo swap meet deal in Hudson's. Over the years I have seen them with a few tailgates and only one box that I remember. If you make it to the swap meet, check out their booths. They're at the track. Hudson flags and signs. Spaces 6001-6010. Nice group of old buzzards.

First off, I love what your building, especially that 302. BEAUTIFUL[dr
I read earlier that you are looking for a Hudson box. Well, it just so happens, the group of guys across from our both at the Portland PIR/Expo swap meet deal in Hudson's. Over the years I have seen them with a few tailgates and only one box that I remember. If you make it to the swap meet, check out their booths. They're at the track. Hudson flags and signs. Spaces 6001-6010. Nice group of old buzzards.

Thanks! When is the next swap meet? I always seem to miss it.

Mike

Nice work Cadad65! That swap meet is Thursday-Sunday(Sunday everybody is leaving) April 12-15. Vendors set up at the track the 11th and at the Expo they set up on the 12th and don't open till the 13th. The Expo is adding a twist this year by letting the Cirque De Ole(or however you spell it) set up in the lower parking lot by the Max train station:mad: Bad enough not having room to walk with the swap meet going full throttle, may as well through in a circus too.:rolleyes: If you need a beverage, or a place to leave any gear we are in 6167 at PIR.

Got the body set back down on the frame and the firewall cut out around the bellhousing! Now I can finish the body mounts and get rockin on the floors.

2012-01-02170617.jpg

2012-01-02170551.jpg

Now that the Tranny is in I can start on the floor pans!
I did a bit of structural work on the floor today.

2012-01-09133759.jpg

2012-01-09143413.jpg

2012-01-09143403.jpg

Got some pieces cut for the tunnel but need to tack them in place yet.

2012-01-09170957.jpg

[;)

Hudson truck

I had never seen a Hudson truck until last month when I seen two at the same show. Don't know the years but both were beautiful . Well one was bad ! Google image has the bad one . Look up ( Hudson truck scta) . This guy takes truck to the dry lakes to race for time. Southern California Timing Associating . Has a diesel engine in bed . Like I said it was bad!The show was mooneyes x mas show in irwindale .

Last edited:
Very cool build !!!! Top notch work as well . I have a soft spot in my heart for orphan makes . Just the fact that it's a Hudson will be a conversation starter and that's not even taking into account your top work and the visual aspect of the whole thing . [cl[cl[cl

Back