1926 Hudson pickup build!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool build !!!! Top notch work as well . I have a soft spot in my heart for orphan makes . Just the fact that it's a Hudson will be a conversation starter and that's not even taking into account your top work and the visual aspect of the whole thing . [cl[cl[cl

Thank you for the compliment friend,
I've spent what seems like days just staring at it before I started.
I bounced ideas of all my rod buddies etc. before deciding on the final direction I wanted the project to go. Only change I made so far was to loose the top.

As for odd ball rides... ME TOO! I am the anti-deuce!

My goal is to make people scratch their head.[S

Again, thanks for the compliment,
Mike (Caddad65)

This is technicaly a phantom.
Hudson never made a '26 pickup, but there low end mark Essex did.[/QUOTE

You are probably correct about the year of Hudson building a pickup. I mentioned your build to my swap meet partner. He said he remembered the a for mentioned Hudson box. It was actually for a Hudson car converting the trunk into a pickup. He thought it was late 30's or early 40's. I thought it was 20's 'cause it was so short in both directions. Still would look cool on a RR;)

This is technicaly a phantom.
Hudson never made a '26 pickup, but there low end mark Essex did.[/QUOTE

You are probably correct about the year of Hudson building a pickup. I mentioned your build to my swap meet partner. He said he remembered the a for mentioned Hudson box. It was actually for a Hudson car converting the trunk into a pickup. He thought it was late 30's or early 40's. I thought it was 20's 'cause it was so short in both directions. Still would look cool on a RR;)

If I remember correctly Hudson made a factory "pickup bed" conversion that slid inside the trunk of a buisnessman coupe. Its Really, Really rare to find one. I forget the exact year/s but late 30's early 40's seems right.

Latest posts

Back