1927 Essex, throw it in the gutter and pass the butter!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang sparky you look like you got the worse end of that wreck. I work on nissan's for a living and always loved 510"s.

You know how you get pink eye right?!!!

nice! I have a datsun 610 I am putting a turbo LS1 into. it is in my sig. My parents had 2 toyota crowns back in the day a 67 wagon and a 68 sedan. I haven't really found another one here lately.

There are a few nice Crowns kicking around the Tacoma area. I love Crowns.

Holy Chrysler thats gonna leave a mark sparky
car didn't look that bad hope your back on your feet soon good luck with the Essex

Dang sparky you look like you got the worse end of that wreck. I work on nissan's for a living and always loved 510"s.

The car doesnt look bad until you get closer to it. The base of the A pilers are buckled and the pass side quarter buckled too. Suffice to say its hashed and has since been parted out :/

Oh snap!!!!

Okay so there was a damn good swap meet over the weekend and I picked up some parts. There were so many more things I wanted to buy but I had to restrain myself. I'll get pictures up soon.

Hi Sparky,
I know that it's been almost 14 years since you posted anything about your Essex project but being a fellow motorhead, I know that it never hurts to shake the bushes when you are looking for something and come across something that might help you out of your own problem. I have recently picked up a pretty nice rat rod in Nevada that started it's rat rod life about 12 years ago as a 27 Essex before the original builder added parts from about 15 other cars, including the running gear out of a Maserati, before he passed away in 2018 at the tender age of 52. The car is actually still a driver but it is missing the bottom rail of the windshield frame and this it doesn't have a windshield. What I was wanting to know was whether or not you might happen to have either a spare windshield frame, the bottom rail or maybe know some other rodder that might have one. My other option might be to just find something close enough to use that might be a decent fit. Obviously being a rat rod , "close" should be fine and since everything has a flat windshield back then I'm sure that it shouldn't be too hard to find something I can use. If all I need is the bottom rail, I just need to find something that has a similar radius to the cowl, maybe something like a Model T or even an A. So if you or anyone else out there can help me out, drop me a line, I'm located in northern California so if you're somewhere nearby I could probably even come to you, at least it would give me an excuse to "escape" from the little misses...😋 Thanks!

Latest posts

Back