1927 Hudson Essex

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gogogadget

Could I take the frame from a 1927 Hudson Essex and make it work with a 38 ford truck cab to get my truck under way? Would this work? If I didnt want a truck so bad this 1927 Hudson has some huge potential:confused:

Yes, you could but it would need extensive modifications and reinforcements. You'd be going backwards. That an old frame and they were made to flex ,something you don't want now. Just easier to buy or make your own.

Last edited:
Those old frames were built heavier than the fords of that time. I do have a ford frame for that year of cab. Probably cost too much to get it to you.

Last edited:
You would be way better to start from scratch and build a custom tube chassis. It will fit better, look better, be stronger and way cooler than trying to mate something else to the truck. Build your truck and save the chassis for the Essex build - Either way you are going to wind up building a custom chassis for SOMETHING. Why not keep the one that fits right under what it belongs?

Latest posts

Back