193? Chevy Roadster Pick Up

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
need help

Well guys and gals i need some of your thoughts i'm trying for the patina look and don't really know how to get the finish i want cause i don't really know what i want, i just want it cool . i"ve got a guy to do the lettering and striping but need to finish the patina so hows it look 2 you

Attachments

• june 2011 007.jpg
    june 2011 007.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 115
  • june 2011 008.jpg
    june 2011 008.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 107
  • june 2011 009.jpg
    june 2011 009.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 99
  • june 2011 010.jpg
    june 2011 010.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 113
  • june 2011 011.jpg
    june 2011 011.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 99
  • june 2011 012.jpg
    june 2011 012.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 110
Well guys and gals i need some of your thoughts i'm trying for the patina look and don't really know how to get the finish i want cause i don't really know what i want, i just want it cool . i"ve got a guy to do the lettering and striping but need to finish the patina so hows it look 2 you

To be honest, it looks like fake patina.

I really like your build, been following along since the beginning..As far as patina in my opinion, its either got it or it doesn't..I'd throw another coat of black on it, then add whatever striping and lettering you want and call it good..just my opinion, but I do like your truck..just not fake patina

Tim

+3. Patina is natural or it isn't. just paint it what ever color you want and let it patina on its own. you can do a single stage paint and not buff it to a high shine but instead leave it kinda dull like it was an old laquer paint job. that would look better than fake patina in my opinion.

jfg455 i here what your saying , i paint cars for a living and was just trying something different ,and i have 4 little kids so to put a coat of shiney paint on is like the kiss of death for any of my cars something always happens so i just thought that if i went with the worn look the kids and i could enjoy it more

haha! same here with the kids, dogs, etc. I was just saying paint it inexpensively and let it weather, chip, patina on its own. this way you won't worry about stone chips or kid marks. saves time trying to do the body work 100%. Even if I was trying to do a super smooth flat paint job I would worry about chips, dents and stains. The time spent trying to duplicate a good patina job is as much as a good shiney paint job (less buffing of course)

I had to do some fake patina on my tub. The whole cowl needed patch panels and modification. I patina-ed it to match the rest of the body. Otherwise there would have been big primered areas. Fake patina is no different to me than vinyl wood grain on old station wagons. It's just another way of finishing a car body. Some like it, some don't.

Thanks bob i think i'm gonna leave it get it lettered and live with it till i'm tired of it i've been planning on cutting the body up some time late this year and build some suicide doors then i would have to repaint any way we'll c i'll post more pics as i go hope to letter it this week or next

What do you have in mind for the lettering? I'd like to have something done on my truck eventually, if i ever get it that far..LOL

I'm getting the old shool pin stripes and the sides will have my dads shop logo from the 60s i think he would really like it if he was still around his shop name was virgin alley automotive so that will be on the doors a long with his 3 cherrys. On the tailgate it will say owned and operated by virgins with the virgins crossed out lol

Hey i'm new to this forum and have been going through different threads and i have to say your thread is really amazing i cant belive that you made that from scratch i live in your area and would really like to come and see your hot rod

Hey thanks foxy ladie just let me know where your coming from and i'll let you know if i'll be around seems like my kids have baseball 4 days a week has'nt been much time to work on the hot rod .Does anyone else seem to have this problem or is it just me ? but any way thanks for checkin out my thread

Your build is great! I love roadster pickups and building it pretty much from scratch is even better! Keep up the great work! I will be looking forward to an update!

Mac.

Latest posts

Back