1930 Dodge truck, not a Fargo

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’d get the front tires I planned on running on it, and look again. It does look like the rear of the cab needs to be raised a bit. Square up the front of the bedside to the cab as well.

I’m digging it!

Yes, I agree with Bamamav, you need to at least set the front axle at ride height before you make that final decision. If its going to have a hood on it, the hood and grille shell have to be included in the mock up before you get the full picture.

I do like the direction your going with it.

It's sitting at ride height in front. Yesterday I raised the back of the cab just a bit. With the tall, flat back it made a subtle, but good difference in appearance. Should be okay. BTW, those are 3-2 by 4's stacked on edge to approximate the bed side. I'm celebrating today because I didn't get mugged.

Change of plans: Picked up a bunch of sheet metal and decided to fab my own body. Worked all night. Hope you like it.
20240416_083317.jpg

Actually, this was in a parking lot on my way to get morning Diet Pepsi.

I've heard Elon's defense for such a fugly flat panel body is that "stainless is very difficult to form into complex shapes". I call BS on that. Case in point, the stainless bodies made in the 1930's..... You can't tell me manufacturing processes haven't advanced since then??

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 0
Got a front wheel on and placed the radiator and shell. The front axle and tie rod prevent moving it rearward. The shell is shown higher than it will be. Won't be any higher than the cowl. The cab is tilted forward in this pic and the frame and suspension remains as built.
20240417_165545.jpg
20240417_165439.jpg

Dutch, the bed will be raked at the same angle as the cab. That should alleviate any eye strain.
Yesterday marked our 60th wedding anniversary. I've devoted this week to long overdue chores the little woman has been asking for. Not much time left for Dodge building.

Dutch, the bed will be raked at the same angle as the cab. That should alleviate any eye strain.
Yesterday marked our 60th wedding anniversary. I've devoted this week to long overdue chores the little woman has been asking for. Not much time left for Dodge building.
Congrats Bob! That's a feat not many accomplish.

Latest posts

Back