1934 Cadillac

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couldn't help myself, had to mess around with some crude photo 'painting' to see how it will look with running boards, also touched up the bare spots a bit, it really fills in the hole and makes it look more complete .... and lower...:)
Bit of a difference from the before pic, eh what ???:cool:

Attachments

• dec 20 10 34 cadillac 008 zz.jpg
    dec 20 10 34 cadillac 008 zz.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 286
  • aug 22 10 34 cadillac 004x.jpg
    aug 22 10 34 cadillac 004x.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 216
wow man.. that is looking awesome.. quite a change in a short time

I missed yesterdays pics... those cars are so good looking. What's the wheelbase on that anyhow - about a 100 foot?! The chop really makes it look long and low. The runners are a must - they do help fill it in.

All along I thought the door was going to look too wide. Now, with the front tin on, it looks perfect. Good eye, zz.

I missed yesterdays pics... those cars are so good looking. What's the wheelbase on that anyhow - about a 100 foot?! The chop really makes it look long and low. The runners are a must - they do help fill it in.

Heh, heh, looks longer but wheelbase is 124" ;), it's the rearward placement of the main body that really contributes to the look (plus the honkin' long hood)

All along I thought the door was going to look too wide. Now, with the front tin on, it looks perfect. Good eye, zz.

Thanks, I thought about leaving the door stock length but after doing a 'photochop' with the same 12" removed from the rear door area, the whole cab looked too stubby - it was obvious that it was a shortened 4dr. - I wanted it too look like it was always a 2dr. (well, except for the chop :cool:)
They never produced this body configuration, the only 2drs. were either roadsters, coupes or a club sedan - sort of a Victoria style with a shorter roof and humpback, all are super rare.

I love what you've done with the body. Nice work. Can't say I'm too crazy about the wheels though.

Well, I know wheel choice can be a dividing influence when it comes to just about any type of car build. Ever since I started building cars in the 70's, chrome mag wheels were what got me going, and with so many choices out there now, I just gotta have some chrome rollin' under me plus, I'm just bored with steel wheels and wide whites.
I don't try to build to fit into a rigid build style or set of rules per se - I just gotta be me and build what I think looks right......

Attachments

• DSC03437.jpg
    DSC03437.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 238
ZZ, I have never been a fan of the oversized wheels and rubber band tires, but shoot it works on your car.

Well, I know wheel choice can be a dividing influence when it comes to just about any type of car build. Ever since I started building cars in the 70's, chrome mag wheels were what got me going, and with so many choices out there now, I just gotta have some chrome rollin' under me plus, I'm just bored with steel wheels and wide whites.
I don't try to build to fit into a rigid build style or set of rules per se - I just gotta be me and build what I think looks right......

I agree that steelies and wide whites are overdone.

I'm with you on that ZZ as I feel the same way. I look at my own build as something that brakes the boundries between build styles and mixes them together. This build of yours really excits me, and I can hardly wait to see the finished product. It's kinda like reading a good book though...... you wanna know how it turns out but the read is so enjoyable.

Personally I would like to see paint on this one at the end of the book. ;)

Latest posts

Back