1934 Chevrolet 4dr sedan build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Widened rear wheels

I have now had the rear wheels widened from 5" to 8". This pic is just to show the difference between one of the widened rims and a stock rim. Now I need to send them for powder-coating, most probably red.

Attachments

• 20080430359.jpg
    20080430359.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 63
Thanks Gastrick. You know, I haven't really thought about it that way but yes, they probably will.

There are plenty places that can modify mag wheels but unfortunately only a few known good ones. Steel rim widening is a different story all together. There's only one place we all know off which is a small company about an hour's drive away from Johannesburg (from where I stay that is). They also only operate Monday to Friday and have been in business for close to 30 years now. Fortunately I had a day's leave yesterday so I took the wheels through and went to a nearby shopping mall while did it. It was about 3 hours or so before they called me to come and fetch the wheels.

When I was there I saw something very cool though. They are building a VW Beetle with a front (maybe more mid) mounted V8. He didn't go into much detail but did show me the diff with 4-link that's gonna go in there. They've built a custom chassis for it in place of the original pan and will be mounting the motor back far enough to allow the stock, unmodified hood to close. Their plan is to not have any obvious signs bodywise that it has a V8 in. I should actually bend his arm for some pics of it.

Hey Neo........:rolleyes: are you still with us on this build?
It has been some time since you last posted any updates, your rig is greatly appreciated and we enjoy your tenasity in the fabrication as well.
If you are still with us, we would like to see your progress. :cool:

Maximo

Hey there Maximo,

Thanks for the interest. Yeah, I am still with you guys. Unfortunately, due to plenty personal issue during, which was for me a very crap year, there has been absolutely no progress on this build. I hope to start getting going again in 2009 and make the most of 2009.

And thanks for the compliments too.

Jacques

Hey neo, i just the thread when it ended, i am from the west rand and also have 2 cars from philip, how is your build going?

Latest posts

Back