1934 Plymouth five window

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's some Swap-meet news. I now have a big old polished aluminium air cleaner that matches my tappet covers; and three rough but fixable tail lights for a Plymouth although maybe '31 or '32's. I snaffled up three dash knobs for a '34 Dodge and part of a windshield frame.
A three deuce Y-block manifold was in my hands for a minute before the store keeper told me that he didn't want to sell it now, and we hadn't got to the price yet.
I wish I was building a '61 Ford at times on the week-end as there were fender skirts all over the place. Although why anyone in their right mind would want to have a '61 is beyond me.
A great time was had by all. It was colder than a witches heart, though.

Glad you had some luck at the swap meet! I did as well.

Thanks Snopro, I hope you get as much enjoyment out of a swap-meet as I do.
The proof is in the pictures. I felt bad bragging about all of the swap-meet finds I brought home, with out any pictures. {pic one] is the aluminium air cleaner set on the motor, {pic 2} is the Mopar taillights, and {pic 3} is 2/3 of a '34 Dodge coupe windshield frame.
Also I can dude up my 351 Windsor now, with an aluminium high rise four-barrel intake manifold and a MSD distributer.
For a big block Dodge I got some used headers and a four speed bellhousing, [ from the guy who has been dangling a '32 Plymouth coupe in front of me for two years now. I am such a bully, that I asked him how he was making out getting that deuce coupe for me and I got another really good excuse. You guys should hear his stories; I get such a kick out of dealing with him.]

Attachments

• IMG_1254.jpg
    IMG_1254.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1255.jpg
    IMG_1255.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1257.jpg
    IMG_1257.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Thanks Snopro, I hope you get as much enjoyment out of a swap-meet as I do.
The proof is in the pictures. I felt bad bragging about all of the swap-meet finds I brought home, with out any pictures. {pic one] is the aluminium air cleaner set on the motor, {pic 2} is the Mopar taillights, and {pic 3} is 2/3 of a '34 Dodge coupe windshield frame.
Also I can dude up my 351 Windsor now, with an aluminium high rise four-barrel intake manifold and a MSD distributer.
For a big block Dodge I got some used headers and a four speed bellhousing, [ from the guy who has been dangling a '32 Plymouth coupe in front of me for two years now. I am such a bully, that I asked him how he was making out getting that deuce coupe for me and I got another really good excuse. You guys should hear his stories; I get such a kick out of dealing with him.]

You got some good finds! Lately I get frustrated at the swap meet. Year after year the same guys have the same stuff they want exorbitant amounts for. If they didn't watch so much "reality" TV they would sell some stuff at reasonable prices.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy it a lot and have a great time with my dad making memories going around the swap meet and buying things together.

Today I made a generator bracket for the Hemi. Some of the things I bought at the swapmeet were small but helpful, like some odd bracket pieces. With some mixing and matching, cutting and welding, I ended up with a good bracket, primed now and painted.
I also finished up rebuilding the four barrel Carter that was on my '55 Merc 360 Mopar, and set it on the truck again. I was having trouble with the truck last summer, but didn't have time to work on it so I just dragged it into the shed for the winter. When I started looking into it this spring I found out that I had water in the gas and I shouldn't have left watery gas in the carb over winter. Any sane man would have thrown the carb away. Sanity does not hold me back from trying new things.

Attachments

• IMG_1261.jpg
    IMG_1261.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1263.jpg
    IMG_1263.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 29
I've got nothing picture worthy, but some progress never the less. The painted bracket is bolted on and adjusted [with a big hammer and bigger crescent wrench]. With an old weird belt the right size in place, I tightened the generator and dug through my brackets box for a close looking chunk of metal to make an adjuster bar out of. I found one and started to modify it. Well, the generator has been on the motor and adjusted up tight. The belt lines up nicely. Some of this stuff is hanging, drying, in primer, as we speak.
I mocked up the running board and fenders on one side to get a perspective of the height, after I set the motor down on the temporary motor mounts. I proved to myself that I have to 'Z' the frame in front of my firewall.

Some of the parts I got in town today were for the Plymouth. One was a new fanbelt. Here is the generator on there and tightened up. The belt lines up nicely.

Attachments

• IMG_1264.jpg
    IMG_1264.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1265.jpg
    IMG_1265.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 37
Thanks guys. Sorry Torchie for cheating you out of some mock-up shots. I didn't take any, because the fender was sitting a way too high above the wheel when lined up with the bottom of the cab [looked poopy], and I had my regular pick-up stored in the shop right then, blocking the camera shot. And I didn't want to show you guys what is essentially a screw-up in engineering. I also don't want to be blamed for photographic diarrhea. :eek:

Plymouth update. I had ordered some artillery wheels, beauty rings and hubcaps from Wheel Smith. Well they powdercoated them the colour that I asked and sent them up here. They arrived.
One picture is when I first ripped open the box and yanked out a wheel in the shade. The next picture is the same wheel out in the sun.

Attachments

• IMG_1286.jpg
    IMG_1286.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1287.jpg
    IMG_1287.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 54
What looks like a piddly little update is quite a bit of work and imagineering. At the swapmeet I found a mid fifties Dodge oil filler cap that looks cool. It has a centering key way on the inside of the internal opening so it wouldn't fit on the filler pipe. Not to be shut down easily, I just thought I'd make a keyway in the pipe to correspond with the new cap. That took a little more dreaming than I thought, but I got one made in the pipe. Low and behold, the pipe was still too big to go into the cap even with the keyway hammered inwards. Time for a little more imagineering. Aha, make another wasted keyway in the filler pipe just to reduce the external circumference. She worked like a charm and I'm laughing all the way to the bank.

Attachments

• IMG_1292.jpg
    IMG_1292.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 41

Latest posts

Back