1936 chevy build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i got the skins from jim carter truck. i think they go from 1936-40. they have some hard to find stuff. thanks alot man!

Truck is coming along nice, and the frame is killer. I was wondering if you could tell me, how long are the hairpins you used in front? And also, how wide is your frame in front? Im just throwing some ideas around about what i want to do with mine and i really like the looks of yours. Thanks alot.

the hairpins are speedway 27" and the frame is 24" up front. ill prob do the next one a little different as ive learned quite a bit on this build. next one i wont go true suicide. i like the look of a model a crossmember with no frame horns that so that the axle appears to float out front. i also like the look of the sprin pivots in the wishbone.

been real busy.. heres a quick rundown, bed is built, door skins on, gauge cluster made from exhaust flanges with ignition switch, redid grill insert, made some headers, and made a reare bumber out of some wishbones. im getting there, just need to get my carbs on to run it. im doings a few cool trim pieces out of brushed aluminum so im still playing with all that. should be ready for paint pretty soon.

truckbuild026-1.jpg

truckbuild027-1.jpg

truckbuild030.jpg

truckbuild031.jpg

I really appreciate that man. I just want to drive this thing. I'm going to try and get thing wired today. Wish me luck!

Really nice lines - good balance.

Some reason this shot REALLY caught my eye:
truckbuild030.jpg

Maybe it's the bed height on the tires. Might be the fact that it's still uncluttered with tail lights and bumper. When you do your tail lights, try them under the gate instead of sticking them out the sides of the bed. Just some rambling thoughts....

Your right man I'll try that. The bumper should blend well and keep the uncluttered look. Its two wishbones with about 40 holes drilled in it. I think I'll put the lights right above it. I'll take a few more pics.

That 4link setup is one of the best I've ever seen you will have a lot of people copying it. To answer you're question yes I'm pretty sure (not possitive) thats the only dif.

I owe you guys an update from the past few months. I got so wrapped up in finishing the truck i forgot to take pics at all. I finished the truck the day before my deadline car show. the last few weeks were 10 hour days minimum to finish all the little odds and ins done. so in this last month i have finished my truck, drove 30 interstate miles to a car show, tuned and tweaked 3x2 setup, drove it every day, tuned some more, drove some more and blew up the old motor. the block and crank are at the machine shop right now and she'll be back on the road this weekend. heres a few crappy pics from the other night. i promise ill get all my good pics loaded.

Attachments

• IMG_6176.JPG
    IMG_6176.JPG
    144.4 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_6179.JPG
    IMG_6179.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_6181.JPG
    IMG_6181.JPG
    145.7 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_6182.JPG
    IMG_6182.JPG