1936 chevy build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks brotha! he may change his mind when the back is done, the seat back will kind of flow into the tunnel and floor and give it a cool shape. i really apprecite the comments, keeps me going! im gonna try and be better about updates...well see, i like to build hotrods not take crappy pictures!

got some done on the 36, actually a fair amount but my computer took a crap again so i havnt been able to update. ill just throw a little caption in with the pics. im now more or less at the stage of making a bed and starting bodywork. i desperately need a 34-36 chevy grill though, so if any of you fellas have any leads please let me know!

coilovers and x members all done, cheapo coilovers from speedway. we'll see how long they last.
truckbuild019.jpg

truckbuild020.jpg

b.jpg

swapmeet find driveshaft hoop that i cut up and re arranged, it'll do.
h.jpg

mounted a fuel cell and made fish plates for all the joints on the frame.
z1.jpg

swapmeet fing cal custom valve covers. there getting a nice bead blast tomorrow and some scotch brite pad work to give them a brushed look. this motor will have a tri power setup with 3 rochester 2gs, i should get them back this week.
e.jpg

flipped her over and welded the bottom of the floor pan and patched some rough spots on the lower cowl.
c.jpg

f.jpg

as of now, the frame is all back together and rolling, and the cab is getting some rust treatment. i found some stuff alot of the VW guys apparently use called master series. its like por 15 but its UV resistant. the whole inside of the cab will get a dose of that to seal it up.
z2.jpg

Will, truck looks great. I am starting one also.Getting parts together. I am in dublin ga. When i am in the area would like to see the truck sometime?
Buddy

Man that is looking good, i wish i was as far as you are. Im really liking how u styled those fish plates on the outside of the frame adds a little style.

keep up the good work

Wow, all your efforts are really paying off. It looks great! I really like how you fabbed the floor of the cab too not to mention the plates. I think thats the first time I've ever seen that done to the welds on a frame. Smart idea! You can't make em strong enough IMO.

Thunder1

thanks guys, the plates are pretty comman thing to strengthen those weld joints. some guys do them inside the joints for a real clean look like don did on his t. i think i tend to overbuilt things like my suicide perch because i get this image of things breaking at 80 mph, so i add more gussets!

hey thanks man! badass! now i sit and wait and try to throw a high bid in at the end. ive lost a few because i guess some people sit and wait and probably have a much faster computer than i do!

I've been watching this build for awhile and just realized I've not told you how cool it is in "person". It's a different twist on a build like ours so it's been really interesting to see how you've done things. I like the way you've put some high tech things on old sheet metal. Great fabrication skills too, Good luck and thanks for the pictures.

thanks alot man, its funny, i was looking at your build thread last night and thinking how badass your fab skills are and how i should have done my floor like yours. keep up the good work man and thanks again.-will

started some body work yesterday, got the firewall about 1/2 done and got my friction shocks tacked on, ive officially kicked into overdrive. expect progress.

ok fellas, i need some help! i feel like i have the strangest brake setup ever, tell me what yall think. up front: speedwas disk kit has gm metric calipers and a ford 11" rotor that you must install tapered inner bearings in. there on and seem to be fine but what about replacement? do i have to knock out the inner bearings every time and buy bronco or ranger rotors?

the rear is where it gets weird.. my axle was narrowed by the guy that i bought the cab from, and has different flanges on the ends. the flange bolt pattern is not square but more of a trapezoid. now to me they look like camaro backing plates, but the drums are 5 on 4.5" ford pattern. the are 11x2". what the heck are they and how can i make them work. thanks alot guys, heres a few pics and one of the backing plate.

FBP-41L.jpg

pics003.jpg

pics002.jpg

pics001.jpg

Latest posts

Back